You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Nerlinger: Now is not the time to panic

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Nerlinger: Now is not the time to panic

Postby FCBayernNews » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:40 pm

Just a game into the season and the Bundesliga is already on an international break, but it is the calm before the storm at the Säbener Strasse. The squad will reconvene on Thursday and start preparing for Saturday's trip to Wolfsburg. Prior to that, FCB director of sport Christian Nerlinger visited the FCB.tv studios for a video chat with fans. fcbayern.de summarises Nerlinger's most important statements.

Christian Nerlinger on....

...FCB's start to the season:
"Losing to Gladbach obviously wasn't one of our expectations. Naturally, it's a false start. We approached the match confidently and optimistically, but it was clear our attacking game stuttered at times. We lacked inspiration, creativity and the last couple of percent in terms of determination. However, it wasn't a display to make us despair. Now is not the time to panic. The initial disappointment has evaporated, it doesn't look quite as negative now, and there were one or two positives as well. What matters is the team getting into the groove, because some of the things we do automatically simply need to be worked on again. I'm convinced the team will give the right answer in Wolfsburg."

...possible changes to the squad:
"I'm not expecting anyone else to leave us, and I think we'll go into the season with the current squad. We have at least two players for every position and a well-balanced team. The structure of the squad is very good too. But when you have five new players and a completely new coaching team, it'll always need time before everything functions as you want."

...long-term injury victim Breno:
"We didn't regard Breno's knee injury as particularly dramatic, but it's now hung around for rather a long time. He's frequently been on the verge of resuming team training but then suffering a new setback, and that's not easy from a psychological point of view. However, I'm hoping he'll be back with the team in the next week or two so he can show us what he can do."

...on the scheduling of this week's internationals:
"The timing is absurd. It makes no sense and just causes confusion. What's more, Germany are in a prestige meeting with Brazil where no-one wants to make a bad impression. In the circumstances, I hope our players don't have to play the full 90 minutes. Looking at our match schedule, this international puts us at a disadvantage and is simply surplus to requirements. I hope matches like this, which no-one needs and which upset the clubs, simply won't take place in the future."

...on the Champions League play-off draw:
"We can't complain. We have to get through against Zürich. If you can't beat this team, you have no right to play in the Champions League. However, it won't be easy."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Nerlinger: Now is not the time to panic

Postby München Minded » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:27 pm

What a F**King idiot :mrgreen: --- Just kidding, I won't start another round of going overboard. He is the spokesman of Bayern, and we definitely don't want to panic. I agreed that the timing is absurd on the Internationals -- I mean , what the hell with the season starting for alot of leagues across Europe -- we needed this time to prepare as a team.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Payam » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Breno seems to be going through the Hargreaves injury phenomenom.
I wonder if he ever will fulfill that potentional he once had. :?
It's kinda sad, I really liked the way he played in Nurnberg before the injury.
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby München Minded » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:50 pm

I agree -- that's one reason I just wanted Bayern to sell him, also being his last season and all and don't see a contract extension. It really is sad. I just wish Bayern didn't get burned by getting these types of players, never can tell.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby uzi716 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:17 pm

Coming into last season a lot of us including myself saw Breno to be a starter. His injury and lack of form when he arrived really hurt him.

I thought he didn't look in shape coming into this season either, in my opinion we shouldn't give up on him and should have him work with our conditioning coaches to get in shape. I think he can find his form.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby munchen99 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:03 am

It's Breno or nothing- hope he makes a solid comeback and shows some of the form he had in Brazil!
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby München Minded » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:48 pm

I doubt it.
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

Return to Official FC Bayern News