You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Müller: 'No walkover' against Northern Ireland

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Müller: 'No walkover' against Northern Ireland

Postby FCBayernNews » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Thomas Müller has scored 10 goals in 13 World Cup matches, but he has yet to net in a European championship match. The FCB forward has gone without a goal in seven EURO matches. “It doesn't annoy me that I haven't scored at a European championship so far, but that I didn't have any real chances in the last two matches,” the 26-year-old said before Tuesday's encounter with Northern Ireland at 18.00 CET.

“We had two awkward matches,” Müller commented on the 2-0 victory over Ukraine and the goalless draw with Poland. “I'd have liked to have a few scoring chances. But I have to stay hungry.” And there is little doubt that Bayern's attacking all-rounder is fired up for the duel with Northern Ireland: “I hope I'll score, but it's more important to me that we win the match.”

'He can produce a goal from nowhere'

Joachim Löw has indicated that Müller will feature on Tuesday. “We all know that Thomas Müller can produce a goal from nowhere,” the Germany head coach explained: “It really annoys him, that's due to his character. But you can see he's looking for solutions.”

Müller expects “no walkover” against the Ulstermen: “You have to be realistic, it won't be a goal fest. They'll pull many players back to the edge of their own box.” Before the final round of the preliminary stage Germany are top of Group C on four points, level with Poland and one ahead of Northern Ireland. Last-placed Ukraine, who have failed to take any points so far, are certain to be eliminated in the group stage.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News