You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mixed reactions to rollercoaster match

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Mixed reactions to rollercoaster match

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:50 pm

The capacity crowd at Saturday’s top of the table match in the Allianz Arena between Bayern and Hertha Berlin were treated to no fewer than six goals. Since four of them went to the reigning Bundesliga champions, Felix Magath was able to express his satisfaction afterwards. “At times we played really good football,” said the Bayern coach, who was especially pleased with the performance of his strikers: “Up front we saw that the three of them can play well together if they get into the swing.”

<B>Reactions to the match:

Felix Magath:</B> “The first half was absolutely fantastic, and at times we played really good football. Having three strikers in the starting line-up paid off. Up front we saw that the three of them can play well together if they get into the swing. It was great to watch, and they are capable of doing the same to other teams. After we went 3-0 ahead we relaxed a bit too much and we finished up rather nervously.”

<B>Philipp Lahm:</B> “We played well in the first half, we put together some great moves up front and were solid at the back. We played very well until we went 3-0 ahead, but then we lost our concentration and gave our opponents too much space, which enabled them to come back to 3-2. That made it all unnecessarily tense. Overall we played well, but we can play even better.”

<B>Lukas Podolski:</B> “Today everything went well, although we mustn’t get complacent, we have to do it again in our coming matches. We played well to take a 3-0 lead, but in the second half we got a bit slack and let Hertha back into it. Still, in the end it was a convincing 4-2 win. I am pleased with my week after scoring two goals in the international and another good one today. This is something to build on. I’m enjoying my football and today I showed it again.”

<B>Falko Götz:</B> “We didn’t do ourselves justice today. In the first half we respected Bayern too much and we didn’t get to challenge the man with the ball. We opened the door to goal for our opponents, and if you do that with a team like Bayern they will accept the invitation.”

<B>Arne Friedrich:</B> “In the first half we were poor at the back, but we were much better after half-time. We had a poor understanding in the side, and Bayern was able to capitalise on this through their clever tactics.”

<B>Dieter Hoeness:</B> “We gave them far too much respect in the first half. We played much too far in retreat, at times there were five or six players on the edge of the penalty area, leaving Bayern to control the midfield. They took full advantage of that. Bayern really played splendidly. I said that we couldn’t afford to make any mistakes, but in the first half almost everything that we could do wrong, we did.”
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:46 am

We played well to take a 3-0 lead, but in the second half we got a bit slack and let Hertha back into it.

We should not do that again in the next match against Werder Bremen!! :twisted:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News