You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Matthias Sammer appointed Sport Director

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Postby FCBayernNews » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Munich, 2 July 2012: Following an analysis of the 2011/12 season conducted by the FC Bayern Supervisory Board, the Board of Directors, and director of sport Christian Nerlinger, differences of opinion became clear regarding the strategy for the future of the team. As a result, FC Bayern and Christian Nerlinger agreed at the time to part company ahead of the 2012/13 season.

Due to the imminent EURO 2012 tournament and the turbulence which would reasonably be expected to arise from this decision, it was agreed to withhold the announcement of Christian Nerlinger's departure until after the European championship.

Final talks regarding the appointment of Matthias Sammer as the club's new "board director responsible for the professional playing staff" were thus only completed last weekend. Over the last two days, Matthias Sammer and FC Bayern reached agreement on the scope of his new appointment. Matthias Sammer has accordingly been released from his current duties with the German Football Association (DFB) in the course of Monday morning

Matthias Sammer is thus free to take up his duties as FC Bayern Munich "Sport Director" with immediate effect.

"On behalf of the club, I wish to expressly thank Christian Nerlinger for his work for FC Bayern over the last four years," commented FC Bayern Supervisory Board chairman Uli Hoeneß, "I very much hope our excellent personal relationship will continue as it is."

"As always, I wish FC Bayern all the best and every possible success," commented Christian Nerlinger, "I've spent a good and very intensive time here and will maintain my links to FC Bayern as a friend of the club."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:05 pm

NO MORE MANDZUKIC TYPE OF SIGNINGS!!!!!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Matthias Sammer appointed Sport Director

Postby quaazi » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:16 pm

OKAY WE GET IT sheesh.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Firefox your gonna feel like such a tit if MM has a good season.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:28 pm

i hope i do i will eat my words since that wud mean Bayern may have won something, i never forget the tru goal :D
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby OhioFan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:40 pm

I wonder what the differences on the future of the team could be? :shock:
Stay well brothers and sisters in this time of world peril.
No matter who or where you are, peace be with you.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:29 pm

OhioFan wrote:I wonder what the differences on the future of the team could be? :shock:

That's the million dollar question. Though I don't quite like this... With Nerlinger as sporting director, Bayern's fortunes improved greatly and they reached the Champions League final twice. The upward trend was very evident. I hope that it wasn't the case that Nerlinger wasn't too ambitious for the board's liking.

The Mandzukic transfer in fact seems more like a pre-Nerlinger transfer than anything else...
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:55 pm

At first it looks more like trying to punch Dortmund on the nose more than anything else.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:01 pm

MUTU wrote:With Nerlinger as sporting director, Bayern's fortunes improved greatly and they reached the Champions League final twice. The upward trend was very evident. I hope that it wasn't the case that Nerlinger wasn't too ambitious for the board's liking.

I am not saying anything because I always thought Nerlinger was abig assess but at the same time Bayern lost its dominance in Germany in the last two seasons to Dortmund, a younger team with a smaller budget which sent some chills down Bayern's spine as it can get worse in the next seasons if Bayern does not do something about it.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:06 am

MUTU wrote:That's the million dollar question. Though I don't quite like this... With Nerlinger as sporting director, Bayern's fortunes improved greatly and they reached the Champions League final twice. The upward trend was very evident. I hope that it wasn't the case that Nerlinger wasn't too ambitious for the board's liking.

Exactly.

I mean, I know a lot of you don't like Nerlinger, but I think the way we've acted since Nerlinger took over makes sense. We've pretty much established ourselves as one of Europe's strongest teams again and have fixed the problems we had (in defense and on the bench). Sure, we didn't buy a lot of world-class players but the transfers we made were all good and sensible, especially this summer.

Maybe it's because we didn't win anything... but is he really the man to blame for that? I'm sure the players and coaches have much more responsibility in that regard.

Another possibility (although it's a fool's hope) is that he was the one preventing some transfer which everyone else wanted... such as Martinez.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Return to Official FC Bayern News