You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Match-winner Badstuber's unforgettable day

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Match-winner Badstuber's unforgettable day

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:15 am

Holger Badstuber sized up the Gladbach goal, glanced down at the ball, and again eyed the goal. He had clearly spotted a gap, and calculated the way he should strike the ball in order to hit it. The youngster took a three-step run-up, and it was obviously just right. He set his sights one last time and shot. Logan Bailly dived to no avail, the ball found the corner of the net - and the celebrations started.

It all looked easy, and listening to the U-21 international afterwards, that's exactly what he thought too. "I was planning to aim at the near post, but the keeper took up a very central position. So I thought to myself: have a crack at the far post instead," said Badstuber, whose dipping drive made him the match-winner against Borussia Mönchengladbach: "If I'd struck it any lower, it might have come off the wall. But I hit it pretty well and it just flew into the back of the net."

Badstuber's stunning free-kick was also his maiden Bundesliga goal in his 15th top flight appearance. "My first goal in the Bundesliga, and the winner too - it's a day I'll never forget," the overjoyed 20-year-old declared. However, it is by no means his first goal direct from a free-kick. He fired two similar goals for FCB II in the third division last season.

Badstuber has been a fixture in the senior squad since the beginning of the season. The starlet has started all 15 Bundesliga matches and all five fixtures in the Champions League, and can justifiably claim to be a dependable regular in Louis van Gaal's line-up in only his first season in the German top flight.

Recently, he has not even filled his normal position. Badstuber is a centre-half by trade, but has been fielded at left-back in the last few weeks. "It was obviously a little unusual for me at the start. But I'm picking up experience with every passing game and I feel more and more settled," reflected the 20-year-old: "It's getting better and better."

His winning goal against Gladbach was no fluke, and could also not be attributed to a keeper's unfamiliarity with the Jabulani, the official World Cup ball which made its global debut in a competitive match in Friday's game at the Allianz Arena. "A new ball, and I've scored a goal right away - so it's a good ball," grinned Badstube, "but you still have to strike it the right way." Exactly as he did for his 75th-minute free-kick against Gladbach.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Match-winner Badstuber's unforgettable day

Postby appudds » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:52 am

GREAT GOAL BADSTUBER!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:12 am

Thank U Badstuber
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby appudds » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:45 pm

[quote="Element"]Thank U Badstuber[/quote]
So, he's doing as a LB than as a CB right?
If he performs like this, i dont think we will buy a RB!
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:46 pm

[quote="appudds"]o, he's doing as a LB than as a CB right?
If he performs like this, i dont think we will buy a RB![/quote]

No , Lahm sucks on Right , and Badstuber is not A LB he is only a solid Emergency LB but nothing more

He Scored A Goal , But Yesterday missed Many passes to him because he was slow , and also came late to many other passes because of his lack of Speed
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:50 pm

[quote="Element"]He Scored A Goal , But Yesterday missed Many passes to him because he was slow , and also came late to many other passes because of his lack of Speed[/quote]
So you still feel we will get Rafinha?
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:44 pm

[quote="appudds"]So you still feel we will get Rafinha?[/quote]

I Am !00% Sure that we need A New RB

But i am not sure about getting one
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:46 pm

[quote="Element"]I Am !00% Sure that we need A New RB

But i am not sure about getting one[/quote]
Me too feeling the same thing!
Even though we no that we need a RB desperately, now i dont feel we will sign any new player! :(
Even the links with Rafinha is no longer existing! :(
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby shijoda » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:22 pm

I agree that we should have a new RB and put Lahm and Badstuber back in their position
shijoda
Getting the hang of it

Postby appudds » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:23 pm

[quote="shijoda"]I agree that we should have a new RB and put Lahm and Badstuber back in their position[/quote]
EVERYONE AGREES WITH THAT!
The only ones who dont seem to are our board! :(
appudds

National Flag:
India

Return to Official FC Bayern News