You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Martin Winterkorn leaves FC Bayern München AG supervisory bo

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Martin Winterkorn leaves FC Bayern München AG supervisory bo

Postby FCBayernNews » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:35 am

Professor Dr. Martin Winterkorn, 71, stood down as FC Bayern München AG supervisory board member at yesterday's FC Bayern München AG supervisory board meeting. He had informed supervisory board chairman Uli Hoeneß of his decision in writing on 9 December.

Winterkorn was an FC Bayern München AG supervisory board member for almost 16 years. As Audi AG chairman, Winterkorn initiated the successful partnership between Audi and FC Bayern. Moreover, he was responsible for Audi AG's acquisition of 8.33 percent of FC Bayern München AG shares in 2010. "FC Bayern München have become a top club in world football over the last two decades, not only in terms of sport but also financially," declared Winterkorn. "It makes me proud that I accompanied the club on this path through my work on the supervisory board."

Winterkorn was exceedingly appreciated on the FC Bayern München AG supervisory board as a constructively critical but always loyal member. "FC Bayern is losing an outstanding supervisory board member, he was of enormous importance for FC Bayern's development in the last 16 years. We are extraordinarily grateful to him for that," said Hoeneß: "We wish Martin Winterkorn all the best, and we very much hope he will be our guest for football matches at the Allianz Arena and our basketballers' matches at the Audi Dome. Martin Winterkorn will always be a friend of the club and also my personal friend."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Martin Winterkorn leaves FC Bayern München AG supervisor

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:01 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:Winterkorn was exceedingly appreciated on the FC Bayern München AG supervisory board as a constructively critical but always loyal member.

So Uli lost probably his most vocal critic in board meetings.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:06 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernNews wrote:Winterkorn was exceedingly appreciated on the FC Bayern München AG supervisory board as a constructively critical but always loyal member.

So Uli lost probably his most vocal critic in board meetings.

Winterkorn isn't the type of guy to openly have a discussion with you. It is a pity, few people have supported football from a corporate and financial standpoint as he had.

Too bad. I guess Stadler is next.
tflags

Postby gumboduncan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Maybe this is the first step of Audi selling their shares to BMW.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:10 pm

gumboduncan wrote:Maybe this is the first step of Audi selling their shares to BMW.

Good point.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:04 pm

And we will finally have situation with 100% München - FC Bayern + BMW. Wonderful! :P
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:39 pm

Erm... I might be completely wrong and I haven’t googled it... But IIRC Winterkorn has not been involved in either if the car companies for quite a while now...
Buncha wannabes playing like pink rabbits!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:51 pm

#12 wrote:Erm... I might be completely wrong and I haven’t googled it... But IIRC Winterkorn has not been involved in either if the car companies for quite a while now...

Yeah, dunno if he still would have some 'pull' or perhaps some other entanglements but as far as i know he stepped down from all his capacities at VW in 2015...
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:53 pm

Yeah so it’s maybe a sign of him realizing his age and Uli not, but not of BMW or anything else...
Buncha wannabes playing like pink rabbits!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Return to Official FC Bayern News