You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Makaay and Pizarro in among the goals

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Makaay and Pizarro in among the goals

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:30 pm

Hamburg keeper Stefan Wächter had the misfortune to save a Roy Makaay drive with his face last weekend, an experience the shot-stopper would probably rather not repeat: a measurement taken last March revealed the Dutch ace has the hardest shot in the Bundesliga at 137 km/h. A similar exercise conducted at the club on Wednesday by partner T-Com confirmed the striker's place at the top of the Bayern "hardest shot" rankings with a speed of 122 km/h.

"We only got one shot each, so you needed a little luck in terms of striking the ball well," Makaay modestly explained the following day. The 31-year-old has been anything but modest out on the field of late with six goals and two assists in his last eight Bundesliga outings. Not only that, but Saturday's visitors are Borussia Monchengladbach, opponents Makaay evidently relishes.

<b>Four goals in two matches</b>

"I'm in good shape and I've been scoring freely in recent matches," the Dutch ace remarked on Thursday. "I want to keep it going through to the winter break." The next opportunity arrives on Saturday, with Makaay recalling a double strike in both the 3-0 and 3-1 victories over Monchengladbach last season. "And if I fail to score, Claudio will get one. He's in good form as well," Makaay smiled.

Makaay's regular partner Claudio Pizarro has found the net in three successive Bundesliga matches, and fired a brace against Spartak Moscow in the Champions League. "He's not just scoring, he's extremely lively too," coach Felix Magath enthused.

<b>Score to settle</b>

The 28-year-old Peru hitman has something of a score to settle with Saturday's visitors. Monchengladbach are the only current Bundesliga club yet to concede a Pizarro goal, so the striker is keen to remedy the omission at the weekend.

From the club's point of view, it is of no concern whether Roy or Claudia get the goals, although for preference both would bulge the net. "They're both on top form. We can expect plenty of goals from them before Christmas," Magath predicted.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News