You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Magath: 'We've got our act together and moved on'

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Magath: 'We've got our act together and moved on'

Postby FCBayernNews » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:30 pm

On a monthly basis, Bayern boss Felix Magath takes time out to offer <b>fcbayern.de</b> an exclusive assessment of events over the preceding weeks. Casting his eye back over the month of November, the 51-year-old commented on the campaign so far, Bayern's rivals in the Bundesliga title race, and Sebastian Deisler's fine comeback.

<b>Felix Magath on…</b>

<b>…his side's form over the preceding month:</b> "I think we can definitely say we've got our act together and moved on in November, even if it's often needed us to go a goal down. One of our greatest strengths is our belief in ourselves, our morale, and our ability to bounce back after going behind."

<b>…the campaign to date:</b> "The first half of the season has proved as tough as we expected, because of the World Cup and our limited preparation time. We knew it would happen, we never expected anything else, and I reckon we've got to bear that in mind when assessing the team up to Christmas."

<b>…Sebastian Deisler's comeback:</b> "The match in Hamburg showed how much we've been missing a player like him, prepared to set off on a run and provide the creative spark. But we've already talked to him about taking it easy until the winter break, and keeping the pressure off him. We can't demand he plays as well as that every time. He won't start at the weekend."

<b>…his targets for December:</b> "I'd like us to recover top spot in the league, go through to the next round in the Cup, and take at least a point from our Champions League meeting with Inter Milan, so that we finish top of our group. I think we should be able to handle our league programme, so our goal of spending the winter break in first place is entirely realistic."

<b>…Bayern's Bundesliga title rivals:</b> "We can assume that the top four at the moment will divide the spoils between themselves. For me, the real surprise is VfB Stuttgart, who rate as new arrivals on the scene with a young team. We have to assume they'll get even better."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News