You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lucio, Schweini and Poldi near comebacks

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Lucio, Schweini and Poldi near comebacks

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:02 am

Just four outfield players were present and fit to train on Tuesday morning. That had risen to six by the afternoon, and on Wednesday afternoon the group comprised seven. Three days ahead of the home Bundesliga meeting with Hannover 96, the Bayern stars are slowly but surely reporting back fit.

Head coach Ottmar Hitzfeld supervised a squad featuring Mark van Bommel, Zé Roberto, Martin Demichelis, Andreas Ottl, Christian Lell, Valerien Ismael and Stephan Fürstner, supplemented by reserves Sandro Wagner, Daniel Sikorski and Michael Kokocinski. Goalkeeping trio Oliver Kahn, Michael Rensing and Bernd Dreher also worked out.

<b>Long injury roster</b>

"Sometimes it helps having a small group. I can work with individuals," Hitzfeld reflected. The Bayern coach is thoroughly used to improvising when players are away on international duty. The club provided four stars to their respective national teams in midweek.

On this occasion, injuries have severely exacerbated the situation. Long-term absentees Jan Schlaudraff and Willy Sagnol continue their reheb programmes after surgery, while Miroslav Klose (knee), Jose Sosa (back) and Marcell Jansen (ligaments) are all definitely sidelined at the weekend.

<b>Jansen hoping for return next wek</b>

"I'm working hard on a quick comeback. I have a medical with Dr Müller-Wohlfahrt at the end of the week. If I'm lucky, I'll be training again next week,“ Jansen explained in Wednesday's <b>FCB.tv</b> live chat.

Thursday should see Bastian Schweinsteiger (back pain) resume the squad programme. The Germany international reported to fitness coach Thomas Wilhelmi on Wednesday. "And Lucio has a good chance of taking part tomorrow,“ reported assistant coach Michael Henke. Finally, the coaching staff expect Lukas Podolski (stomach upset) to have recovered by that time as well.

<b>Van Buyten doubtful</b>

A question-mark remains over Daniel van Buyten, struggling with an inflamed tendon in his foot. "He'll probably sit out training on Thursday. That would make it pretty tight for Saturday," Henke reasoned.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby hopelessrom_grl » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:38 am

i hope Lukas can recover in time....we NEED him
hopelessrom_grl
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News