You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Klose vows goals on reunion with ex-club

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Klose vows goals on reunion with ex-club

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:02 am

Miroslav Klose’s long goodbye from former club Werder Bremen, a process which began four weeks ago in the pre-season League Cup, reaches its conclusion on Saturday when the Bayern striker faces his ex-team mates in the Bundesliga. The weekend fixture promises to be an altogether more explosive affair than the summer meeting on neutral turf in Dusseldorf, as Klose and his fellow men in red must travel to Bremen’s Weser stadium, where the home crowd is likely to give its former hero a distinctly unsympathetic reception.

“There are bound to be a few whistles, but it’s not a problem,“ Klose commented, fully aware of the simmering hostility accompanying his return to Bremen. The 29-year-old remains steadfastly calm: “I’m no more nervous than I would be before any other match. I’ll be looking to score in Bremen.“

<b>Official farewell</b>

Managers at both clubs fear a brief ceremony prior to kick-off, in which Werder will officially bid their former striker bon voyage, could give the home support an excuse to vent their displeasure after Klose’s acrimonious departure in June. “I can only appeal to the fans to show fairness,” Bremen Director of Sport Klaus Allofs declared, attempting to dampen the pre-match antagonism. He was supported all the way by Bayern’s Uli Hoeneß: “Bremen aren’t going to stoke the flames. I’m certain they’ll do everything they can to make sure Miro has a reasonable afternoon.“

Ottmar Hitzfeld, describing the official farewell to Klose as a “noble gesture”, feels Klose is capable of dealing with the situation. “Miro isn’t a child, he’s a Germany international,“ the coach remarked, confident the World Cup top scorer would keep his legendary cool, and recalling Klose’s “very good display” in the 4-1 League Cup win against Bremen.

<b>Ton up for Miro?</b>

Oliver Kahn is convinced the striker can reproduce the fine form he showed in the previous meeting. “It’s an easy match for him,” the club captain commented, “frankly, you’re only fully motivated if there are people booing.” Nevertheless, the Bayern dressing room has promised to close ranks around Klose in Bremen. “We’ll take special care of him and give him maximum support,” stated Franck Ribéry, “I hope he scores the winning goal.“ If the striker finds the target, it would be his 100th Bundesliga goal, and an appropriate way to draw a line under three highly successful years in Bremen.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News