You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Kahn determined to scale new heights

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Kahn determined to scale new heights

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:35 pm

Oliver Kahn is giving off the impression of a man on fire at Bayern's winter training camp in Dubai. "Come on Podolski, you're on! Give it a go!" the keeper yelled as he acted the neutral in a three-way shoot-out between Messrs Podolski, Görlitz and Lell. The three youngsters fired off two shots apiece towards Kahn's goal, but none of the young guns found the target. Kahn looked a satisfied man afterwards.

The 37-year-old is in his 13th season with Germany's leading club, but his ambition is in no way diminished. "I don't want to be known as the Elder Statesman around here. I'm not here just to see out the rest of my career. I want to win the German championship and the Champions League. I want to give it my very best shot."

<b>End of the line in 2008</b>

The person driving Kahn on to ever higher heights is the club captain himself. "I'm the one making the greatest demands of myself," he insisted. The legendary keeper has declared his intention of seeing out his current contract until 30 June 2008, when he will definitely hang up his gloves, "provided I'm capable of performing at the highest level. As soon as I recognise that's no longer possible, I'll jack it in at once."

That is an unlikely scenario at the present time, with the Reds just three points off Werder Bremen and Schalke 04 in the Bundesliga, and with a Champions League knock-out tie against Real Madrid on the horizon. "I need this kind of pressure, tension and aggression," he declared.

<b>Hard workout on soft ground</b>

The veteran comes across as a man brimming with desire in Dubai. Kahn chose not to contest the Dubai Cup third place play-off, reserving all his energy for training. "The workouts are the absolute top priority at a training camp. I don't have to appear in every friendly," the three-time World Goalkeeper of the Year remarked.

Kahn's gritty determination has not gone unnoticed. "He's in great shape, even better than after the World Cup in the summer. He seems to like it here," head coach Felix Magath remarked as he watched his number one train on the lush turf at the Dubai Royal Palace sports facility. The boss could not resist a little wisecrack: "This is the perfect surface for him. It's nice and soft, so you could almost take a nap on it." An opportunity, perhaps, to dream of renewed glory.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:05 pm

I really do believe in him .. Just hope he fullfil his dreams before retirement.
Hail Olli TiTAN Kahn !
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News