You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jürgen Klinsmann to succeed Hitzfeld at Bayern

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Jürgen Klinsmann to succeed Hitzfeld at Bayern

Postby FCBayernNews » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:25 am

Former Germany boss Jürgen Klinsmann will succeed Ottmar Hitzfeld as Bayern head coach on 1 July 2008, the club announced on Friday.

The appointment sees Klinsmann return to the club where he won UEFA Cup and German championship honours in a two-year stint as a player between 1995 and 1997.

The former world-class striker won 108 international caps and captained his country to Euro 1996 glory, before coaching Germany to third place at the 2006 FIFA World Cup on home soil. The 43-year-old will now take on the challenge of leading Bayern to domestic and European success.

<i>More news and reaction follows shortly!</i>

<b>Live coverage of an official news conference from the Arabella Sheraton Hotel on fcbayern.de at 4 pm CET (German language only).</b>
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:04 pm

Great news, he was my favourite coach to take the reins next season! We need an attack-minded coach (bearing in mind that Bundesliga teams are playing all-out defence against Bayern nowadays), who can also play efficiently (unlike someone like Rijkaard who plays attractive football rather than efficient football) and speak German (in fact, Klinsmann can speak German, English, Italian, French and Spanish).

I'm very happy with this decision!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shydo1 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:23 pm

he is great , look what he done toGerman national team, he is great:)))))) :D
shydo1
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:36 pm

I wonder who will be helping him tactically though. With Germany it was Loew, but now it definitely won't be him since Loew won't leave the Germany post to be an assistant coach at Bayern
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby andresdonado15 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:32 pm

HEY MAANNNN..............what a great neww..........it is great to have a coach like jurgen at bayern...........we will guide us to the wished CL Victory..............BAAAAAAYERNN
andresdonado15
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:25 pm

That is great news indeed.

Uli and co have been doing wonders since the last season. Although my first choice would have been Mourinho, Klinsmann is probably the next best we could have gotten.
I will be looking forward to see how Jurgen does with us(mainly because he does not have a Loew at Bayern)
We might as well see some changes in the staff as he will try to make his mark on the team..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby walter » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:31 pm

AWESOME!!!1 KLINSMANN IS OUR NEW COACH!!!!!!

that's so cool! i said it as a joke when we were discussing Lippi and I even caveat my comment saying that it would not happen. But in my mind he was the best option!!!! ATTACKING FOOTBALL, HERE IT COMES!!!!!!
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:19 pm

I still think Hiddink would've been better if they could've gotten him away from Russia, but after that I have to say Klinsmann was who I wanted and I'm really excited that we're getting him. I felt that Germany played the most attractive football at the last World Cup, the prospect of having a team play that kind of football + Ribery and Toni is mouthwatering to say the least. When do next years Champions League Final tickets go on sale?
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:03 pm

He is still to prove himself at club level. I don't see why he should have any problems. also interested to see who becomes his assistant... because Henke won't stay on without Hitzfeld?
I was holding out for Mourinho simply because I didn't think we had a chance in hell of getting Klinsmann. This is gonna be fun.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Holy s**t!!! I'm speechless. I can not believe they got him. I guess they've worked out their differences. He has not proved himself at the club level but hopefully he'll do well like he did during the WC.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby EndoFCB » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:02 am

Yeah good choice 8) I hope will play good and nice football, like Germany in 2006.... Does someone know who will be his assistant?
EndoFCB

Postby FCBinNYC » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:36 pm

Another good thing about Klinsmann is that maybe he can convince certain German internationals at the club to stay rather than going to Barca/Chelsea/whatever club is trying to take our players this week!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby elcalifornio » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:47 pm

maurinho or someone of that level of experience and tackical ability would have been a better choice for me. Nevertheless, its a brave move and klinsi will bring excitement at first. I just hope he can take the pressure and be more than a motivator during a WC at home when players needed little motivation. I liked him as a player and now Bayern is his proving ground as a club coach, the biggest club in Germany. :?

I do wiish him all the best though and hope he can do for Bayern what he diid for Germany once the WC actually started.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News