You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jansen vows victory over hometown club

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Jansen vows victory over hometown club

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:06 am

Wednesday evening will be a challenging occasion for the Jansen family from Mönchengladbach. Borussia fans to the core, they face a serious case of divided loyalties when much-loved son Marcell runs out for Bayern against their favourite team. Following his summer switch to Bavaria, Jansen junior now fears “a major family crisis. Half are on my side, the other half are against me,” he revealed.

The family were relaxed enough three months ago when Bayern visited Gladbach for a gentle pre-season warm-up which also marked Jansen’s official farewell from his boyhood club, but this time a place in the DFB Cup third round is at stake. Faced with his former team-mates, Jansen has promised “to give everything. I’m determined to win, and not just because it’s Gladbach.“

<b>Reunion with old friends</b>

The player is aware of the special significance of the midweek meeting at the Allianz Arena. “I’m really looking forward to it. I’ll see lads I used to play with in the U-11s and U-13s. Taking them on now makes it a very special occasion,” Jansen acknowledged.

The 21-year-old utility man spent 14 years on the books at Borussia Mönchengladbach, where he signed professional forms and earned his first Germany caps. “I still follow everything that goes on at Gladbach,” he revealed, watching as many games as possible on TV, and calling his former team-mates regularly. He has run up a hefty phone bill in recent days. “I’ve spoken to more than half the squad,” he reported.

<b>Enjoying Munich</b>

Jansen used his inside knowledge to warn his current team-mates of the danger posed by the second division leaders. “Gladbach would have little to fear from a number of Bundesliga teams,” he insisted. However, he has no regrets about switching to Munich. “I feel great here and it’s tremendous fun. The first few games have been a massive experience.“

Would the left-sided player be happy to see Borussia make the next round, reporters asked. “No!” came the reply, “yes if it was any other team, but not against us! I’d like us to win a great game – that would salvage the evening,” he reasoned, hoping for peace in the Jansen household.

<b>Sleeping arrangements unclear</b>

The only question that would then remain is who sleeps where <i>chez Marcell</i>. Jansen is expecting eight to ten family members to attend the match in Munich, although none has declared his or her loyalties as yet. “But the ones who support me will get the best bedroom,” he deadpanned.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News