You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Indian fans mount huge Good Luck campaign

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Indian fans mount huge Good Luck campaign

Postby FCBayernNews » Fri May 21, 2010 12:45 pm

"Millions of Indians will be rooting for FC Bayern Munich on Saturday - and many of the fans have put that promise in writing," reported Prof. R. P. Banerjee, Deacon of EIILM College in Kolkata, to Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. The head of the largest business school in the 15 million-strong metropolis then unrolled the first scroll of a unique Good Luck campaign, which more than 200,000 Indian fans have signed.

It is a seemingly endless list inscribed on almost 5,000 scrolls, the signatories led off by the police commissioner of the West Bengal capital, Bollywood star Prasanjit Chatterjee, fashion designer Agnimitra Paul, India's best football players and Olympic participants, and a school choir which sang to a crowd of 125,000 at the Salt Lake stadium two years ago as part of Oliver Kahn's testimonial match.

"It's incredible what our amazingly enthusiastic international Bayern fans can achieve," commented Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, praising the one hundred students who had driven a truck decorated with photos of Mark Bommel and Co through the city for four days, collecting signatures from Bayern supporters as they went. "There has never been a supporters' campaign like this, particularly for a foreign club, in the history of Indian sport," explained joint organiser Kaushik Moulik from Kolkata Today website.

India is not the only source of pre-match goodwill, as good luck messages have been arriving at the Säbener Strasse in huge volumes from all the Asian cities and countries visited by Bayern in recent years. "On behalf of the Allianz team in Indonesia and the FCB Indonesia fan club, we wish you the best of luck in Madrid," wrote Jens Reisch, Allianz boss in Jakarta. In an atmosphere likely to resemble the actual Allianz Arena, he and his friends from the FCB Fan Club will be cheering their team's efforts at the Bernabeu stadium at a public viewing event at quarter to three on Sunday morning, followed at half past four or five by the largest Bayern-themed dawn party ever to take place on the island.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Indian fans mount huge Good Luck campaign

Postby Element » Fri May 21, 2010 1:52 pm

tHANKS India

i know 2 of them !!1

Appudds and pabloengima !!!!! :mrgreen:
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby wadie » Fri May 21, 2010 1:57 pm

tHANKS India
wadie
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby appudds » Fri May 21, 2010 5:15 pm

India... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MunchenFC » Sat May 22, 2010 3:20 am

I posted a thread about India's superb support for Bayern in the "General Bayern Discussion":
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5323

India deserves a round of applause.
What a great country in music, culture, history, food, and interest in the best football club!
=D> =D> =D>
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pabloenigma » Sat May 22, 2010 6:35 am

Element wrote:tHANKS India

i know 2 of them !!1

Appudds and pabloengima !!!!! :mrgreen:

References appreciated.News brings tears to my eyes.The conviction that I am not a solitary bayern fan in a land of premier league craze.Best Of Luck Bayern.We are all behind U.

Its a shame that My signature isnt there,though Im from Kolkata,the West Bengal Capital.But inspite of the fact that my signature isnt on the scroll,my heart is with you bayern.Best Of Luck
pabloenigma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby appudds » Sat May 22, 2010 11:23 am

pabloenigma wrote:References appreciated.News brings tears to my eyes.The conviction that I am not a solitary bayern fan in a land of premier league craze.Best Of Luck Bayern.We are all behind U.

Dont worry pal.. i am there in ur ranks... :)
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Return to Official FC Bayern News