You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Impressive Sosa adds touch of class

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Impressive Sosa adds touch of class

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:45 pm

As opposed to a restart, when a PC which has crashed is reanimated without switching off the power, a cold start involves booting a computer from a completely inactive state. Within the shortest possible time, the device has to power up from nothing and deliver 100 percent performance without any kind of gradual transition period.

José Ernesto Sosa experienced the footballing equivalent of a cold start on Saturday. The Bayern man was unexpectedly summoned from the bench after 31 minutes of his club's meeting with Bochum and instructed to take over from the injured Miroslav Klose. The Argentine midfielder immediately made an impact on proceedings in an admirable display, completing "his best game yet for Bayern," as chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge commented.

"It was an emergency solution," Jürgen Klinsmann reflected. "I said to him: José, you don't even have time to warm up. Run up and down once, and then you're on." The FCB coach pondered whether the situation might have brought the best out of the 23-year-old attacker. "I don't think he had any time for nagging doubts."

Otherwise, the coach continued, "he thinks about his game too much. He always has two ideas what to do when the ball comes to him." That can mean falling between two stools, but the Olympic gold medal winner's 'cold start' meant he slotted in behind Lukas Podolski "and played the way he used to in Argentina. He was always on the move and a constant threat. He was really impressive."

Enormous potential

Sosa was aided and abetted by fellow countryman Martin Demichelis. "Micho tried to give José a lead and involve him in the game," Klinsmann remarked, praising Sosa for a display reflecting his "enormous potential" and including a major contribution to Bayern's 13th win of term. "He orchestrated the decisive situation," said Klinsmann, as Marc Pfertzel's dismissal was prompted by a foul on Sosa as the FCB starlet was poised to slot home. Ultimately, the Argentine was destined not to open his scoring account at the club. "He just needed a little bit of luck," Klinsmann sympathised.

"We're delighted for him," enthused Rummenigge. FCB had intended to loan the player out this winter in order for him to gain match practice elsewhere, but his time in Munich may now have come. "There's been a slight tendency to misjudge him, but he's bounced back with a bang today," the chairman remarked. Klinsmann is well aware that Sosa "has real footballing talent. We see it every day, and we all know what he's capable of." Unfortunately, Jose's skills have rarely borne fruit in his 18 months at the club so far.

Key role to play

Following his first Bundesliga run-out in four months, the player remained his characteristic modest self. "I'm very happy with my performance. Fortunately it all worked out, despite my lack of match practice." The position in the hole behind the centre-forward was known to him from his time with Estudiantes de La Plata, "and I'm at home there." Sosa agreed he had profited from his surprise summons from the bench. "It helped me because I didn't have time to think. There was no mental pressure at all."

His confidence soaring, Sosa is now hoping for a greater part in the run-in to the end of the season. The "little prince", as he is known in his home country, offers Klinsmann a useful alternative in the injury-enforced absence of Luca Toni, Franck Ribéry, Hamit Altintop, Tim Borowsk and now Miroslav Klose too. "It was a very, very important game for José. We hope that marks the start of a much more significant role for him at Bayern," the coach declared.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News