You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

'I can imagine staying a very long time'

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

'I can imagine staying a very long time'

Postby FCBayernNews » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Bayern signed off for the winter break with a convincing 5-2 win over Hertha Berlin on Saturday. Mario Gomez, who again added his name to the scoresheet, has now netted in each of FCB's last five Bundesliga matches. Bayern's renewed winning run tallies almost exactly with Gomez' scoring streak, one reason why the Germany ace feels it is "a little annoying" that the action comes to a halt for just under four weeks.

Before Gomez set off for the holidays, he spoke to fcbayern.de about his targets for the remainder of the season, and the reasons why he is so happy with his personal life in Munich. This is the second part of our major interview with the club's record signing. In part one, the 24-year-old reviewed events and progress on the field in his first six months at the club.

Interview with Mario Gomez, part 2

fcbayern.de: Mario, in the light of recent results, are you a little dismayed that we've entered the winter break?
Mario Gomez: "I'm not dismayed, but for the first time, I'm thinking it would have been nice to play through. Normally I've always welcomed the break as a chance to recharge the batteries. But this time, we've entered a phase when we're really enjoying ourselves. We've set off on a roll, so it is a little annoying, because I reckon we'd have continued our fine form."

fcbayern.de: Do you prefer a 4-4-2 formation or 4-3-3?
Gomez: "I don't have a preference. 4-4-2 is working really well for us at the moment, and I think we could keep playing that way once we have Arjen and Franck back. However, it's the coach's decision. My main hope is that we have everyone fit for the second half of the campaign."

fcbayern.de: You're aiming for honours in the Bundesliga, the cup, and the Champions League, and then there's the World Cup in the summer. Is it set to be the most important six months of your career?
Gomez: "No, I wouldn't say that. The most important season so far was winning the title with VfB Stuttgart. But I play for Bayern now, and I want to win something every season, because the team's good enough to do so. So as of now, every season's important for me."

fcbayern.de: How many trophies do you want to lay hands on in your first season here?
Gomez: "We have to win the league, because we have the best team. We have to win the cup too, and we want to go as far as we can in the Champions League. These are Bayern's goals every year, and that's exactly why I came here."

fcbayern.de: Do you enjoy living in the Bavarian capital?
Gomez: "It's super, fantastic. I basically have everything I need here. I can't imagine how it would be any better. Munich is a fabulous city and the folk here are very relaxed. I can go where I want, ride my bike in the English Garden, go shopping in the city, go out and eat without being bothered. Overall, Munich's also a very clean and safe place. And the minute the sun comes out, so do the people. That's very much my style."

fcbayern.de: Is that due to your southern European roots?
Gomez: "Yes, my father's Spanish. It's the life I know, the way I was brought up. I really like the lifestyle, and I'm at one of the biggest clubs in the world too, so it's a great honour for me. If I keep playing regularly, and I continue to help to the club, I could well imagine staying here a very long time."

fcbayern.de: Is there somewhere you'd call your favourite place?
Gomez: "Yes, there is, but I'd rather not give it away. I live in Schwabing and really like it round there."

fcbayern.de: You're a restaurant owner. How did that come about?
Gomez: "It's an investment. We've completely renovated an old house in Backnang, and it's a nice wine bar and hotel now, although I'm only the landlord."

fcbayern.de: Does food-lover Mario Gomez never cook for his guests?
Gomez: "No, I only cook as a hobby. We sometimes get together with four or five couples and cook. I enjoy that, and it's exciting at times too."

fcbayern.de: How important is dressing and looking good to you?
Gomez: "It's important. I think we men ought to be a touch vain and look after our appearance, without overdoing it of course. I like shopping, and I like wearing good clothes, but I also feel at home in old training gear sometimes."

fcbayern.de: The playlist on your homepage includes Alles kann besser werden (Everything could be better) by Xavier Naidoo. How could you get better as a footballer?
Gomez: "In every respect, I think. There's no such thing as the perfect player. You can always improve, things can always get better, and that has to be my goal. It applies equally to your qualities as a person. You can always develop in that respect too."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: 'I can imagine staying a very long time'

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:46 am

[quote]I can imagine staying a very long time[/quote]

Cant wait for Ylonexabi and Kimball to commit verbal harakiri on this thread.
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby EQ Kimball » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:21 am

^^^ +Rep

These latest articles, especially this one, made me puke in my mouth.

I can't wait until he sucks A** so hard that him and every person responsible for his purchase get kicked out from FCB and banned from Munich, 4 life.
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby appudds » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:19 am

I dunno wats the hatred you have on him Kimball!
I think you are his greatest enemy! :P
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby EQ Kimball » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:10 pm

It all started with Euro cup Appuds...I saw how CRAP he was performing and how they kept wanting him to play...then they realized he is TRASH and benched him. The guys is such a pussy, he asked to LEAVE the team and go home! I lost any respect I had for him.

Then, when I was REALLY pissed off, when we were ending the season with so much crap, I learn we spent 30 MILLION on HIM! I was like, this must be a nightmare!

Then, he plays like crap again, of course, and they INSIST, because they don't want to look like the idiots that made the worst deal ever. He gets lucky, and of course it's a matter of statistics, he played every game, especially against crappy teams.

Not only that, be he took the spot of my favorite player, whom I think is AMAZING, but wasn't given the proper chance this season since his injury and that is Klose.

So, yes, he's not just my enemy, he's my arch nemesis...he's the oil in my water, the milk in my Vodka, the black of my white, the Drago of my Rocky...I HATE this evil being and I will DESTROY him...DEATH TO MARIO GOMEZ!!!

RAAAAAARGH!

haha, seriously though, I hate him.
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby appudds » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:48 am

[quote="EQ Kimball"]So, yes, he's not just my enemy, he's my arch nemesis...he's the oil in my water, the milk in my Vodka, the black of my white, the Drago of my Rocky...I HATE this evil being and I will DESTROY him...DEATH TO MARIO GOMEZ!!![/quote]
MY GOD!
I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH HATRED IN WORDS BEFORE!!!!
YOU ARE A GREAT SPEAKER..... =D>
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby EQ Kimball » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:55 pm

lolol I try brother, thanks for the compliment :)
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby appudds » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:37 pm

[quote="EQ Kimball"]lolol I try brother, thanks for the compliment :)[/quote]
Dats natural talent! :mrgreen:
appudds

National Flag:
India

Return to Official FC Bayern News