You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Hopes for Robben, concern over Ribéry

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Hopes for Robben, concern over Ribéry

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:35 pm

Arjen Robben has not given up on a comeback this season. “I'm not as far as I'd like, or as I should be. But I'll keep it up and fight for a comeback, looking to play a role before the season is over,” the Dutchman said before the match against Gladbach on the FC Bayern Matchday Show. Robben, who made his last appearance against Dortmund two months ago, has been sidelined with a stubborn hamstring injury. The winger admitted: “Being an spectator is the worst thing for a footballer.”

There is another name on the injury roster too: Franck Ribéry is struggling with a back problem and was unable to play on Saturday, reported Pep Guardiola: “He's injured.” It remains to be seen whether the French winger will be able to play in the CL semi-final return against Atlético next Tuesday. “I don't know at this point,” Guardiola commented on Saturday evening, “we’ll do everything we can to have Franck back with us.”

Besides Ribéry, Xabi Alonso and Javi Martínez were missing from the squad. After many appearances in the last few weeks the two Spaniards took a breather against Gladbach. Skipper Philipp Lahm, Arturo Vidal, Douglas Costa and Robert Lewandowski took seats on the bench, whereas David Alaba and Thiago were brought on in the second half.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Hopes for Robben, concern over Ribéry

Postby Dalv » Sun May 01, 2016 6:48 pm

Ribery injured again? are you kidding me?
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News