You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Hoeneß: We thoroughly deserved to win

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Hoeneß: We thoroughly deserved to win

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:40 am

Bayern are through to the final of the AUDI Cup 2011 after beating AC Milan on penalties. "Overall, I'm very satisfied with my team's performance," stated FCB head coach Jupp Heynckes, who is now looking forward to Wednesday's clash with Champions League holders Barcelona. "They're in a class of their own," the coach declared. There was special praise too for Toni Kroos, a dominant figure in the playmaking role and scorer of Bayern's only goal in normal time. "Kroos has been one of our best players in pre-season," Heynckes enthused.

Reaction to Bayern v Milan

Uli Hoeneß: "Given where we are in pre-season, it was a fantastic match, and we thoroughly deserved to win."

Jupp Heynckes: "Overall, I'm very satisfied with my team's performance. Milan did nothing but set out their stall and defend, but we were very patient, we kept possession well, and we had plenty of chances, which we unfortunately didn't use. You have to bear in mind we're still in pre-season, and we've trained very hard over the last few weeks. But obviously, there are still things we have to change or cut out at this point in time. I know Spanish football very well and Barcelona extremely well. They're not only Champions League holders, they play the most creative football in the world. Barcelona are in a class of their own. Toni Kroos has been excellent in pre-season, he's always been one of the best and he's really got stuck in. He has a huge chance this season, but he still needs to work on the physical side."

Toni Kroos: "We conceded a goal out of the blue, but we recovered well. Unfortunately, we didn't make the most of all the chances we created. We ran out of steam a little towards the end, because it was a very intense match. Regardless of the Barcelona line-up, we're aiming to win, even though we know it'll be tough. I've put myself forward in our friendly matches and in training. I'm in good shape and I'm comfortable in the playmaking role."

Bastian Schweinsteiger: "We played very well at times, but we failed to score a second. We still have a few problems, but we'll sort that out once we're into our normal playing rhythm."

Thomas Müller: "It was very hard-fought. We dominated the play and let the ball do the work. It was a stupid goal to concede, we'll have to talk about that tomorrow. Mario Gomez asserted himself really well, but he was unlucky with his finishing. You don't play Barcelona every day, so it's a minor highlight of pre-season. We're looking for our first trophy."

Manuel Neuer: "It's always dumb when the first shot goes past you, but I settled down after that. It's good to be in the final. I really enjoyed the experience, and it was basically a good first home appearance."

Mark van Bommel: "It was great to see everyone here again. Unfortunately, we've lost. We've been training very hard over the last couple of weeks, and that was obvious tonight. We weren't as fresh as normal."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Hoeneß: We thoroughly deserved to win

Postby Aequitas1987 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Thomas Müller: "It was very hard-fought. We dominated the play and let the ball do the work. It was a stupid goal to concede, we'll have to talk about that tomorrow. Mario Gomez asserted himself really well, but he was unlucky with his finishing. You don't play Barcelona every day, so it's a minor highlight of pre-season. We're looking for our first trophy."

Most sensible quote again, Muller should be quoted in all of these post-match reactions because he gives it straight from the fan's POV and doesn't sugar coat anything.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Official FC Bayern News