You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Hoeneß: It's hard to put into words

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Hoeneß: It's hard to put into words

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun May 20, 2012 1:10 am

It was one of those nights, as Bayern dominated the match, took a late lead, and still lost. "Unbelievable," "a nightmare," "hard to put into words," were the initial reactions from the FCB camp after the defeat to Chelsea on home turf. "There's no justice in football," said German FA president Wolfgang Niersbach. "But if you take the lead after 83 minutes, you have to see it through to the end," reflected Jupp Heynckes.

Reaction to the Champions League final

Uli Hoeneß: "Chelsea didn't create a single chance, but we've still not managed to win, which is unbelievable. It's hard to put into words. If you have so many chances to wrap up a game, you have to do so. That's why we've lost this match."

Christian Nerlinger: "Everyone who saw the match knows we deserved to win. What happened is a nightmare for us. We're deeply disappointed. We created chances. It's hard to find the right words. It's a total nightmare, and the mood in the dressing room reflects that. We were clearly the better team."

Jupp Heynckes: "The team and I set out with the target of winning the trophy. But I'm well aware of how cruel football can be, and cursing your fate doesn't help. But leaving the field as losers tonight leaves a bitter taste. We simply missed too many chances. We didn't grasp the need to take our chances. Normally you wouldn't get so many opportunities against a team like Chelsea. And if you take the lead after 83 minutes, you have to see it through to the end."

Thomas Müller: "That's football. As we've seen often enough in the past, the team with the cup in their hands aren't always deserved winners. It's hard to put into words, but at the end of the day, football isn't everything."

Manuel Neuer: "We had everything in our favour. We had three match points but didn't take them. We're very, very disappointed. Taking the game as a whole, you'd never think Chelsea would come away as winners. The players are in the dressing room with their heads down right now. It's very quiet in there."

Wolfgang Niersbach (DFB president): "There's no justice in football. What's happened here is unbelievable. I'm still speechless after this match. How are we supposed to look to the future? We look back instead, and it hurts."

Joachim Löw (Germany coach): "Despite this defeat, let me congratulate Bayern on a top-class Champions League campaign. Bayern have given us some fantastic matches, especially against Madrid. They were the better team against Chelsea for 120 minutes and had the better chances. Football can be brutal sometimes."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Hoeneß: It's hard to put into words

Postby MUTU » Sun May 20, 2012 8:14 am

Uli Hoeneß wrote:Chelsea didn't create a single chance

Huh? How did Drogba score then?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Birthday

Postby Fénix » Sun May 20, 2012 3:48 pm

He meant to say from the chances from during game, not set-pieces or corner.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby machkover » Mon May 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Fénix wrote:He meant to say from the chances from during game, not set-pieces or corner.

you are right , he meant chances like the ones we stupidly insisted on missing till the 83 mn !! so he is blaming the players while he is supposed to think about making the team stronger to get the CL title ASAP!!
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Tue May 22, 2012 7:33 am

Putting pressure on the team worked when Kahn and Effenberg were around, but the mental state of this squad is too fragile for that. I really miss our determinators... :|
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Fénix » Tue May 22, 2012 11:39 am

quaazi wrote:Putting pressure on the team worked when Kahn and Effenberg were around, but the mental state of this squad is too fragile for that. I really miss our determinators... :|

+1
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Mirror » Tue May 22, 2012 2:35 pm

I knew Chelsea were going to hold it for the first half. Half way through the domination of the first half, I knew all that Chelsea needed was just one chance. Like they did against Barcelona.
Bayern Munich had complete domination and with Neuer in net, it did not seem like Chelsea could score. Drogba's header was beast though, putting right through Neuer's hands. Bayern Munich just couldn't execute.

That Muller substitution really changed the game though. If Jupp kept him on, Bayern could've won the game. Very intense game, had a good watch.
Mirror
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News