You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Hoeneß: FC Bayern is an oasis of calm

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Hoeneß: FC Bayern is an oasis of calm

Postby FCBayernNews » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:20 pm

"Everything here is red, and I feel specially at home here!" said Uli Hoeneß in his opening remarks to the Annual General Meeting 2012, drawing the first of many huge rounds of applause from the 2,591 members present at the AUDI Dome in Munich. The stage was set for a magnificent evening, during which the club announced records and passed milestones, but also shed a quiet tear or two.

Karl Hopfner announced record turnover of €373.4 million and profit after tax of €11.1 million; the new members' club executive committee comprising Hoeneß, Hopfner and Rudolf Schels was approved by 97 percent of those present; and outgoing vice-presidents Fritz Scherer and Bernd Rauch were named honorary vice-presidents, before being given a celebratory farewell. The AUDI Dome provided a worthy setting for an event lacking trophies on the podium but still glittering in every respect.

"We're in outstanding, exemplary shape, and that makes us happy and proud," declared Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. Hoeneß followed in similar vein: "Being president of this club is a dream! It gives me feelings of satisfaction, enjoyment and joie de vivre." As for Hopfner, he feels "FCB is well set for the future. We are absolutely masters of our own destiny."

The four-hour meeting did not include the senior squad, who were excused duty ahead of a vital away trip to Nürnberg on Saturday. Boss Jupp Heynckes could not attend due to a bout of flu, "and it''s a shame he''s not here," reflected Hoeneß, "because I''d have liked him to be honoured for his outstanding job so far."

Chairman content but wary

Instead, Bastian Schweinsteiger represented the players, taking a front row seat alongside Matthias Sammer and receiving a frenetic welcome from the members. By contrast, the club's Bundesliga basketball team was present in full, watching as Scherer and Rauch bade moving farewells. "I leave with my conscience clear," commented Rauch. "I''ll always remain true to this club," said Scherer.

Rummenigge's speech homed in on the professional footballing side of the club. "We can be extremely satisfied with our performance so far. We''re playing good, successful football, and we''re giving a very stable impression," the chairman enthused. However, he warned, he said practically the same thing in the same place a year ago, and everyone knows what happened after that. "The best thing would be simply to keep it up and do that little bit better than last season," continued Rummenigge, "the most important and most honest title is the German championship."

Hoeneß praises transfer policy

Describing the club as "an oasis of calm," Hoeneß praised the board of directors. "They''ve performed a fantastic analysis of last season''s problems and drawn the right conclusions. They''ve brought in very, very good players," said the club president, drawing tumultuous applause as he listed the ten summer signings. "We're back on track!" he declared.

For all the celebratory mood, there were plenty of melancholy moments, "because the club is in a state of transition," Hoeneß noted. "I''m truly delighted by your words of praise," said Hopfner, who is leaving the board at the end of 2012 after ten successful years as finance director. However, he will continue to serve the club on a voluntary basis as senior vice-president.

Geared up for the future

"Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is the last of the Mohicans on the board," remarked Hoeneß, "but we've brought in the highest calibre new faces. If we succeed in our restructuring, we''ll have done a good job." The day-to-day future of the club is now in the hands of Sammer (board member for sport), Andreas Jung (acting board member) and Hopfner''s successor Jan-Christian Dreesen, who takes up his new position in the New Year.

With Rummenigge at their head, they will preside over a bigger organisation than ever before, with 187,865 members, 481 full-time staff, 3,202 official fan clubs, and 231,197 fan club members. "These impressive figures are the result of the excellent partnership between all our committees and sections," commented Hoeneß, "the club is harmonious, from the Executive Committee, via the board, through to the Supervisory Board."

Hoeneß's door open to fans

Naturally, a club of this immense size will always have issues to address, and Hoeneß held out an olive branch on Thursday evening to South Terrace loyalists who recently staged a walkout at a Champions League fixture due to an unavoidable change in security arrangements. "My door is always open to you. We''ll sit down together very soon and put our reasonable arguments," said the president, although he restated certain unshakeable truths: "FC Bayern is obliged to keep the law of the land. I''m hoping for a solution we can all live with!"
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Hoeneß: FC Bayern is an oasis of calm

Postby lau03143 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Instead, Bastian Schweinsteiger represented the players,

Lahm as club captain, really should be representing the players at the AGM me thinks.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Hoeneß: FC Bayern is an oasis of calm

Postby AdepT » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:06 pm

lau03143 wrote:
Instead, Bastian Schweinsteiger represented the players,

Lahm as club captain, really should be representing the players at the AGM me thinks.

Lahm would have but probably couldn't because he was on international duty a day before.
Since Schweini hadn't gone, he stepped up.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Official FC Bayern News