You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Hitzfeld agrees deal for 2007-8 campaign

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Hitzfeld agrees deal for 2007-8 campaign

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:35 pm

Ottmar Hitzfeld will remain Bayern Munich head coach for one further season after the end of the 2006-7 campaign, the club officially announced on Thursday. The 58-year-old coach agreed to extend his current contract by a year until 30 June 2008 in a meeting with the FC Bayern Munich AG board of directors on Wednesday 14 March 2007.

"We're delighted we've been able to take this decision with Ottmar Hitzfeld so quickly and easily," board director Uli Hoeneß commented. "We are utterly convinced by Ottmar Hitzfeld's outstanding work over recent weeks, and the manner in which he is leading the team. His decision to continue working as our head coach offers all of us the opportunity to co-ordinate our planning for next season directly with the coach concerned."

"The decision to extend the contract for a period of 'only' a year was taken together," Hoeneß continued. "We'll jointly review the situation at the appropriate time and then agree whether to continue the arrangement over the mid- to long-term."

"I'm delighted at the opportunity to continue my work here," Ottmar Hitzfeld commented. "Over the last few weeks, I've recognised how much enjoyment I derive from coaching, and I believe the team and I can still achieve a few things. This was an important reason for me to remain as FC Bayern Munich head coach."

With Ottmar Hitzfeld as head coach, FC Bayern Munich have won the World Club Cup (2001), the UEFA Champions League (2001), the German championship four times (1999, 2000, 2001, 2003) and the DFB German Cup twice (2000, 2003).

Assistant coach Michael Henke has also agreed to extend his contract by one year until 30 June 2008.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby charger256 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:42 pm

Really good news. And i hope with Hitzfield the transfer policy will also amprove :D
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:39 pm

Great news!!!!

Thank you Mr Hoeness!!!!
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:50 pm

Hell yeah!!! Hitzfeld is the man!!! :twisted:
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:12 pm

Well, I know what one of the topics will be for my blog. :D I came home from school and saw the news, and I was soooo happy that I screamed. My cat just looked at me like I was crazy. :P

What I really enjoyed hearing was the fact that he's enjoying coaching and it's showing in the team's play. They're happier, the management is happier and the fans are happier and that leads to success.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:39 pm

YES great news
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Return to Official FC Bayern News