You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: We were smart and clever

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: We were smart and clever

Postby FCBayernNews » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:40 pm

Bayern continue to set the hottest of hot paces at the top of the Bundesliga after making it five wins out of five since the winter break. Mario Mandzukic and Arjen Robben scored the goals as the runaway league leaders won 2-0 away to Wolfsburg on Friday. "These are the games you have to win," commented FCB boss Jupp Heynckes, "once again, we've shown we have real class in the team."

Reaction to Wolfsburg v Bayern:

Jupp Heynckes: "It was Wolfsburg's best game of the season. The crowd picked up on that, they recognised the Wolfsburg players threw everything they had into it. It was a very intense game played at a high pace and it was a tough one for us. But we always reckoned with that. My instincts told me it would be so. They're aggressive, they run hard, and they got at us early. These are the games you have to win. Once again, we've shown we have real class in the team, and that we're capable of doing the business when we come up against resistance. We were smart and clever."

Manuel Neuer: "We're enjoying it and we always set out to concede no goals, although there'll come a point when we let one in again. I like the fact the team is delighted because we've kept a clean sheet. We always go out looking to play our football, and we have to keep it up. We're delighted with the victory."

Bastian Schweinsteiger: "We were good today against a very aggressive team. We had the chances to make it 2-0 earlier than we did, but we didn't see the moves through to the end. It was a tough away game, similar to the one in Mainz, with plenty of hard tackles. I'm satisfied with the performance."

Dieter Hecking (Wolfsburg coach): "We came up with a good performance, but you need a very good performance to beat Bayern. We threw everything we had into it, but at the end of the day it wasn't enough. Obviously, you always hope you might take something from it, but unfortunately it didn't work out for us."

Patrick Helmes (Wolfsburg): "After such a long time out with injury, it was massive for me personally. We played well, but once they'd taken the lead, Bayern comfortably saw it through to the end. Bayern are in great shape this season. We tried plenty of things, but we still didn't create a clear-cut chance. Against that, Bayern were ruthless with theirs."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Heynckes: We were smart and clever

Postby MoFattal » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:56 am

FCBayernNews wrote:I like the fact the team is delighted because we've kept a clean sheet.

And this really showed when all ran to salute Neuer as if he scored a goal after saving Diego's great free-kick.
Kovac OUT!!!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Chalant » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:33 pm

I dont think for a moment that Bayern were 'smart' and 'clever'. Wolfsburg a great game, and were disappointed when we took the lead, so much so that they lost all interest. We are grinding out wins these days, its good for the league but doesnt work that much in UCL.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MoFattal » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:21 pm

^ On the contrary. Patience is a strong weapon which we're becoming experts in using lately.
Kovac OUT!!!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AdepT » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:22 am

Chalant wrote:I dont think for a moment that Bayern were 'smart' and 'clever'. Wolfsburg a great game, and were disappointed when we took the lead, so much so that they lost all interest. We are grinding out wins these days, its good for the league but doesnt work that much in UCL.

Jupp's being cautious on away trips. You wouldn't want to have a shock result like against Bate or Leverkusen.(Though Leverkusen was@home. I'm talking about upsets.)
Nobody wants a screw up like last season. An easy win or hard win, both go in our favour depicting our right approach and 'mental strength'.
There, I said it. We are mentally stronger this time around.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby brickwall281 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:03 am

A win is a win, and I hope to achieve this tomorrow
:pep: Gooby Pls :pep:
brickwall281
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iraq

Return to Official FC Bayern News