You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: We were patient and bided our time

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: We were patient and bided our time

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Luiz Gustavo's stoppage-time strike earned Bayern a vital win away to Wolfsburg on Saturday, a confidence-boosting result for the men in red ahead of Wednesday's Champions League qualifying clash with FC Zürich. Naturally, the first points of the league season produced a feeling of relief too. "It was a crucial victory," Gustavo declared. "We need to play like that every Saturday," urged Franck Ribéry.

Reaction to Wolfsburg v Bayern:

Jupp Heynckes: "We were up against opponents who battled away today. I think the Wolfsburg we've seen last week and again today are very hard to play football against. Both teams ran and moved well, but we were very patient and bided our time."

Luiz Gustavo: "Every player has to keep on believing in victory until the very end, even when the 90 minutes are up. It was a very important win."

Franck Ribéry: "We were a bit lucky in the last couple of minutes, but I do think we saw a different Bayern compared to last week. We were more aggressive and we went for it. It's never going to be easy against a good team like Wolfsburg. The three points were crucial, and important to us mentally. We need to play like we did against Wolfsburg every Saturday."

Rafinha: "I don't think it was a lucky win. We had two or three good chances in the first half, but failed to take them. Wolfsburg are definitely a good team. The three points are very important to us."

Felix Magath (Wolfsburg coach): "We were the better team in the first half and would have deserved the lead. It was an open game in the second half too. Neither team was worse or better than the other. We basically have a new line-up, so we're not as solid as we should be. There's no shame losing to Bayern Munich, and it's a good sign when you've basically matched them throughout."

Hasan Salihamidzic (Wolfsburg): "We're obviously gutted and I'm incredibly angry. We played well and we scored a perfectly good goal, but at the end of the day, Bayern are in the changing room not quite knowing how they've won. I thought we controlled it well in the first half. We might have let the ball do more of the work, and that would have given us more space, although that's never going to be easy against Bayern. I think a draw would have been the right result."

Patrick Helmes (Wolfsburg): "That's football, unfortunately. I think we played well for 90 minutes, we were the better team, and we'd have deserved to win - and then we've conceded a silly goal in the last minute. We gave it our best shot, and it was especially good in the first half. At the end of the day, it was an open game, we did some good things up front, and we defended well at the back."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Heynckes: We were patient and bided our time

Postby Element » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:47 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:Heynckes: We were patient and bided our time

You mean , we were Sucking and Luck saved our A$$es

FCBayernNews wrote: "We need to play like that every Saturday," urged Franck Ribéry.

I Thought Ribery wanted to play CL not 2nd Bundesliga !!!!! #-o #-o #-o
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Element wrote:I Thought Ribery wanted to play CL not 2nd Bundesliga !!!!! #-o #-o #-o

To a certain extent, he is right. Last minute goals do not come out of nowhere. They are a sign of utter determination to win the game, to keep going until the end, to not give up hope until the final whistle actually is blown. This was a characteristic we had two years ago. This was what took us all the way to the CL final, among other things. He is right that we need to have this determination in every game, whoever the opponents are.

However, you too are right. We have to always be as determined to win as we were today, but our general playing has to improve and be much better than it was today. I am sure that Ribery was not referring to this though. He is smart, he knows the importance of determination to win titles, but he also knows that the sky is the limit to what players can do together. However good we play, there is always room for improvement.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby appudds » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:54 am

FCBayernNews wrote:Ribery: We need to play like we did against Wolfsburg every Saturday."

I think he meant" I need to play like I did against Wolfsburg every Saturday"
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby hgb09 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:39 am

Good one appuds. Ribery was really great yesterday. Especially with his move that led to the goal and many of his dribblings.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:48 am

Yeah, Ribery looks like he's having fun once more.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MunchenFC » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:18 am

His assist was a French art masterpiece, that belongs to be featured on a TV, playing in the Luve in Paris.
=D>
Once our stars actually start scoring goals..
#-o
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Return to Official FC Bayern News