You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: We've given a terrific response

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: We've given a terrific response

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Matchday 15 went well for Bayern, as the Reds returned to the top of the table and put distance between themselves and the side in fourth. "It's very important we're top of the league," relieved boss Jupp Heynckes commented after the 4-1 win over Werder Bremen. Two-goal Franck Ribéry said he really enjoyed the match. "We have two league games to go now, and we want to win both," the Frenchman remarked.

Reaction to Bayern v Bremen:

Jupp Heynckes: "I'm relieved. Hopefully, the team has made a big contribution to me finally getting rid of the flu. We had a really good team out there today. We were clearly in the groove, and our communication was excellent. Every player got back and helped in defence. It's very important for us to be top of the league. Once Arjen Robben came on, the team played to its potential and gave a terrific response to a totally unnecessary equaliser."

Franck Ribéry: "It was definitely better than last week. Winning was what mattered here today. It's never good when Bayern lose, and it's always hard work against Bremen. We did well today, we were aggressive and closed them down early. I really enjoyed the game. I didn't steal the ball from Mario for our third goal, I was simply better positioned and gave him a shout to leave it. Mario battled away for the team. We have two league games to go now, against Stuttgart and Köln, and we want to win both."

Arjen Robben: "It's a tough time for me at present, because I still feel pain occasionally. It's all taking a very long time. Sometimes it gets better, and then it gets worse again. I'm still a long way off peak fitness, although there was no pain at all today, and I'm very pleased about that. It was a wide open game, but we found lots of space in the second half, and we made good use of it."

Thomas Schaaf (Werder coach): "Almost nothing worked out for us today. We were the kind of opponents you're glad to face. We made very little out of what did come our way, especially when we were in possession. We never really pushed Bayern, and if that's the case, you'll never win here. I'm very disappointed."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Heynckes: We've given a terrific response

Postby pabloenigma » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:01 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:
Franck Ribéry: " I didn't steal the ball from Mario for our third goal"

:lol: :lol:
pabloenigma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:38 pm

I'd love to see what Gomez has to say about that ;)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:43 pm

he really was in better position than gomez:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby hgb09 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:52 am

Gomez would have missed it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Return to Official FC Bayern News