You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: We still have major targets

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: We still have major targets

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat May 05, 2012 8:50 pm

Bayern boss Jupp Heynckes was very pleased with his team's convincing display in the last league fixture of 2011/12 away to FC Köln. The Bavarians warmed up nicely for next week's DFB Cup final against champions Borussia Dortmund with a 4-1 victory in the Rhineland. "We played for our own good today, to keep up our rhythm and our sharpness. We still have major targets," the coach said.

Reaction to FC Köln v Bayern:

Jupp Heynckes: "Even though we threw away the league title in Dortmund, my players have continued working with great purpose over recent weeks. We played for our own good today, to add to our points total and especially to keep up our rhythm and our sharpness ahead of the two finals. We still have major targets and we came here to Cologne intending to win."

Mario Gomez: "I could have kept playing for four hours today without scoring. Before the match I said I was totally relaxed, but during the game I realised I'm just too much of a striker. Congratulations to Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. He's scored 29 goals and deserves the trophy."

Frank Schäfer (FC Köln coach): "Everything we all wanted to avoid has in fact happened. It's a dark day for every single one of us, but especially for FC Köln. This is an unbelievably unnecessary relegation."

Lukas Podolski (FC Köln): "At the end of the day, that's one of the most shattering defeats ever for me personally. I'll need some time to get over this."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News