You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: We're pleased we've won

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: We're pleased we've won

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Bayern made a winning start to 2013 and maintained their lead in the table with a comfortable victory over Fürth, Mario Mandzukic firing a brace to seal the points at the Allianz Arena. "We weren't as good as we can be, but we're happy," the striker said afterwards. Boss Jupp Heynckes said he was "pleased we've won and kept another clean sheet. But my team knows we didn't play very well today."

Reaction to Bayern v Fürth:

Jupp Heynckes: "We're pleased we've won and kept another clean sheet. But my team knows we didn't play very well today. Our play was cramped and not as fluid as we're used to. The restart fixture is always tough. And Fürth played very clever football. They kept it tight at the back, closed down the space, and tried to hit us on the break. Once again, we've seen the

Bastian Schweinsteiger: "It was an important victory, as was keeping another clean sheet. We've not yet rediscovered our rhythm, but we still did well. It wasn't easy, because Fürth were very disciplined tactically. They played with a nominal striker, but as we all saw, they pulled all 11 men back deep into defence."

Mario Mandzukic: "It's not important whether I score, it's important we win as a team. We've worked very hard over the last few weeks. We didn't play as well as we can today, but we're happy."

Mike Büskens (Fürth boss): "We had a tall mountain to climb here. My team gave a very good account of themselves for long spells, and this is against opponents with perfect individual strength. We might have been a touch more determined when we attacked."

Thomas Kleine (Fürth captain): "Bayern deserved to win. They dominated the match in any case, and then we let in a stupid goal. In the second half, we had a sniff at an equaliser, but we didn't take our chances, and you don't get many chances. If you don't take your chances, you'll never come away from here with anything. We've earned credit here, but there's more and more pressure on us. At the end of the day, the only thing that can help us is points."

Wolfgang Hesl (Fürth keeper): "A defeat is a defeat, so it doesn't matter whether we played well. We have to beat Mainz next week."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News