You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: We lacked determination today

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: We lacked determination today

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:10 pm

Thomas Müller summed up Bayern's frustration after Sunday's home reverse. "I'm gutted, it sticks in my craw," the striker said after the 1-0 defeat to Borussia Mönchengladbach, in which FCB had the chances to win but failed to take them. Jupp Heynckes praised the visitors' watertight defence, but felt his own team were to blame for the unwanted false start. "We weren't determined enough to prise apart a team which came here and set out their defensive stall," said the coach, who went on to put the result into context. "You get games like that. We need to stay calm, keep working hard, and win our next game."

Reaction to Bayern v Gladbach:

Jupp Heynckes: "Gladbach were very well organised. They set themselves up like a spider's web, and we kept getting caught in it. It was never going to be easy, but at the end of the day, it's down to us. We failed to turn our dominance into chances. We should have upped the pace and moved the ball wide more often, but we weren't determined enough to prise apart a team which came here and set out their defensive stall. We should have applied more pressure and forced them into errors, but it didn't happen today. The goal came out of the blue, it was a misunderstanding between Jerome Boateng and Manuel Neuer. You get games like that. We need to stay calm, keep working hard, and win our next game. We'll sit down and analyse the match now, but as of tomorrow, all but four players are away with their national teams. "

Manuel Neuer: "I take responsibility for the goal. It wasn't an easy situation, it was a tricky bouncing ball. But it was my mistake, and unfortunately, it's led to us losing. We have to stay calm. It was the first match. We were the better team and we should have won, but we've lost. However, there are 33 games to go. We need to work hard on creating clear-cut chances, and then we have to take them."

Thomas Müller: "I'm gutted, it sticks in my craw. Yet again, all our good intentions have come to nothing. Our opponents have scored a winning goal out of the blue, and that's our problem."

Lucien Favre (Gladbach coach): "We came here convinced we might be capable of taking a point. We knew it would be difficult, but we always believed in ourselves. It was hard work, we toiled at times, and they pinned us back in our own half for long spells. However, we defended well. Bayern were very, very good, but failed to put their ball over the line. It's a very, very lucky 1-0 win."

Marc-André ter Stegen (Gladbach keeper): "Obviously, Bayern have real quality, but no team is invincible. We needed a great team display, and we produced one."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Heynckes: We lacked determination today

Postby The Spyware » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:50 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:Jupp Heynckes: "Gladbach were very well organised. They set themselves up like a spider's web, and we kept getting caught in it. It was never going to be easy, but at the end of the day, it's down to us. We failed to turn our dominance into chances. We should have upped the pace and moved the ball wide more often,

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:48 am

I think he has a problem with everyone (Robben, Lahm) cutting in all the time. It's pretty obvious, especially when you look at the threat Ribery posed when he actually ran towards the goalline rather than cutting in.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:32 am

FCBayernNews wrote:Thomas Müller: "I'm gutted, it sticks in my craw. Yet again, all our good intentions have come to nothing. Our opponents have scored a winning goal out of the blue, and that's our problem."

I know it's been said before, but I really do love Muller's comments. Sometimes it's like he logs in to Bayernforum.com before making his comment :mrgreen:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Maybe it is about time we give Gladbach a little more credit... If you skip the summer break, they ARE on a nice winning run minus one game or so. Besides, if Neuer had not missed the jump and/or Gomez that header we would be signing a different tune right now.
tflags

Postby hgb09 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:50 pm

Happy birthday
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby München Minded » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:56 pm

The curious thing about Gladbach is they really didn't revamp their whole squad -- they still have alot of the core players from last season where they did the relegation playoff. They even didn't expect to beat Bayern, and their whole strategy was to play long ball, and Neuer or Boateng could deal with the bounce as they each said. Maybe something for them to work on this whole week, otherwise you'll have teams just playing long ball tactics and just the counter attack. Which is somewhat how we were beaten last season ironically.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News