You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: That was our best game so far

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: That was our best game so far

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:30 pm

The FCB stars signed off from domestic duty for a couple of weeks in high spirits after Saturday's fully merited 3-0 victory away to Kaiserslautern. Coach Jupp Heynckes praised his side's early season form: "That was our best game so far." However, and not for the first time, the 66-year-old felt his side should have won by more. "We have to be more effective in front of goal," he commented.

Reaction to Kaiserslautern v Bayern:

Jupp Heynckes: "Coming here to Kaiserslautern and winning 3-0 isn't easy. My team looked very well balanced today, our zonal game was wonderful, and our passing was good and accurate. We'd have been 2-0 up after ten minutes if [FCK keeper] Trapp hadn't made such good saves. That was our best game so far, in my opinion. The team played as if everything was happening automatically, but we still have to be more effective in front of goal. We shut them out completely in defence, and I liked that a lot. I always said the team would improve with every game, and I think we can still play better than that."

Mario Gomez: "We can't start thinking it's all just going to fall into place now. Every week, we'll have to work hard for our success, and all of us have to keep thinking defensively. If we do, it'll be hard to score against us."

Thomas Müller: "It was quite heated at the start, but we mastered it well, and we have a striker up front who puts the ball in the net. We battled for every inch of ground. I'm delighted we've taken nine points from our last three Bundesliga matches. It sets us up perfectly for the internationals."

Marco Kurz (Kaiserslautern coach): "We didn't stand a chance, and we have to accept that. Bayern are in good form. We resisted in the first half, but their goal early in the second half was fatal. All Bayern's quality came into play after that, they were in superb shape."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Heynckes: That was our best game so far

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:39 pm

I love that he said the same thing last week. Shows that we keep improving.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Official FC Bayern News