You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: That was a very composed display

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: That was a very composed display

Postby FCBayernNews » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:57 am

Bayern opened the new campaign with a supremely comfortable 3-0 victory away to Eintracht Braunschweig, and are safely through to the second round of the DFB Cup. Jupp Heynckes expressed pleasure at a "first-class performance" by his team. "And it was important we kept a clean sheet. Right from the start, our opponents were made to realise they wouldn't be taking anything from the match," the head coach declared, looking forward confidently to the new term: "I'm feeling good about the new season."

Reaction to Braunschweig v Bayern:

Jupp Heynckes: "That was a very composed display from my team. It was a first-class performance, our positioning was good and we deserved the margin of victory. And it was important we kept a clean sheet. We kept it tight at the back, we looked good on the ball, and we were patient. It all paid off by the end. Right from the start, our opponents were made to realise they wouldn't be taking anything from the match. I'm feeling good about the new season."

Bastian Schweinsteiger: "We knew Braunschweig were good on the break, but we let the ball do the work and scored the goals at just the right time. Braunschweig created very few chances."

Manuel Neuer: "It was important to play well and make a good start. It's vital you keep a clean sheet in the cup, because that way, you make the next round. It's been a good game for us. We'll be more comfortable and confident, and ready for the Bundesliga opener against Gladbach next Sunday."

Thomas Müller: "All credit to the team. This was a hostile settimng against highly motivated opponents, but we've played well and kept them under control."

Torsten Lieberknecht (Braunschweig coach): "We started well, but then gifted them the penalty. After that, Bayern showed all their class - there were eight Germany internationals on the park, so it was hardly easy for us. I thought my team slightly lacked the fighting spirit you need in the cup. Maybe we showed too much respect, but we won't remain the only team to have lost to Bayern."

Dennis Kruppke (Braunschweig): "There's not a lot to discuss. Bayern are in a class of their own at the moment, and they've shown up our limitations today. We never really got going, because Bayern really played very, very well. The two penalties had to be given, so we made it so much more difficult for ourselves. You have to accept they were in a different class today."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Heynckes: That was a very composed display

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:43 am

FCBayernNews wrote:After that, Bayern showed all their class - there were eight Germany internationals on the park,

True, I noticed that during the game. Only Rafinha, Gustavo and Alaba were non-Germans in our starting lineup =D> With Robbery fit we'll still have 7 Germans
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Official FC Bayern News