You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: It's the strongest group of all

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: It's the strongest group of all

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:40 pm

The good fortune which has traditionally accompanied Bayern in draws for major competitions deserted the Bavarians on Thursday night, when FCB were grouped with Villarreal, Manchester City and Napoli in this season's Champions League. "I'd have been more pleased with some other teams," stated director of sport Christian Nerlinger. "It could certainly have been easier," agreed keeper Manuel Neuer. However, Nerlinger finished on a defiant note: "We are Bayern Munich. We want to get through the group stage, and we will!"

Reaction to the Champions League draw:

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: "It's an extremely interesting group. We're in with clubs from the Spanish, English and Italian leagues, so the group features teams from the strongest leagues in Europe. It's the highest quality, but Bayern's target is to reach the last sixteen."

Christian Nerlinger: "It's a very demanding group, but Bayern Munich are still favourites to win it. I'd have been more pleased with some other teams, and especially if you compare it with last season's group, there's a massive difference. But we'll go for it and we're looking forward to the Champions League. The team is fired up, and that will shape our approach. We are Bayern Munich. We want to get through the group stage, and we will!"

Jupp Heynckes: "This is the strongest group of all. I know Villarreal and Napoli very well, they're both top teams. And what can you say about Manchester City? They've invested unbelievably heavily and they're throwing everything at the effort to succeed in Europe. Yes, we're in the most difficult group in the Champions League. Every single match will push us to the limit, and we'll have to focus totally on every game. Every match will be exceptionally important."

Arjen Robben: "It's a difficult but interesting group, with very strong opponents. We face six matches at a very high level, in which we're also capable of rising above ourselves. But if we maintain our concentration, I'm certain we'll go through."

Manuel Neuer: "This group will be anything but easy, there are no weak teams at all. Manchester City is a really tough draw, Napoli had a super season last year, and Spanish teams always play good football and are always dangerous. It could certainly have been easier, but if you're aiming as high as we are, you have to get through a group like this."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Heynckes: It's the strongest group of all

Postby tflags » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:46 am

... and the photo of Heynckes as he was watching today's draw unfold...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tflags

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:20 am

They have already posted that image a few times on Bayern's website with an article of Heyncke's reaction, such a brilliant photo.
That's our coach, incredibly focused, genius, and German.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:55 pm

MunchenFC wrote:That's our coach, incredibly focused, genius, and German.

... and thinking "what the hell did I sign into?" By the way, there is a photo of him still sitting watching at the same TV monitor.

I managed to get it:

heynckes2_get_160811.jpg

He is ok though. He is expected to blink any time now...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tflags

Postby Mazen96 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:37 am

Are you guys sure Uli is not on the other side challenging him to a staredown?
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AMLN » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Is Jupp trying to imitate Weegee?

It won't be this hard, tradition will weigh.
AMLN
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News