You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: It fills me with pride

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: It fills me with pride

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat May 11, 2013 7:40 pm

It was party time in Munich after Bayern took delivery of the Bundesliga shield following a 3-0 victory over Augsburg. "It's a joint achievement from the players and coaching staff. No team in the history of the Bundesliga has played the football we've played this season. It fills me with pride," said a visibly moved Jupp Heynckes. Bastian Schweinsteiger wanted to get the party started: "We all know we still have games to play, but today will be a long and intense celebration. We're still young, and we can cope!" the vice-captain declared.

Reaction to Bayern v Augsburg:

Matthias Sammer: "Augsburg did very well today, 3-0 is obviously too big a win. The season isn't over yet. We're still aiming for great things. And once we've achieved great things, we'll do great things. The league title means a huge amount to me. We're up to 88 points, and that's a good feeling. I hope it lasts for eternity."

Jupp Heynckes: "It's a joint achievement from the players and coaching staff. No team in the history of the Bundesliga has played the football we've played this season, consistently at the highest level - it fills me with pride. We all know you'll be showered in beer at Bayern, but at least I've avoided pulling a muscle."

Bastian Schweinsteiger: "We're champions with an unbelievable record, like never before in 50 years of the Bundesliga, and it's totally unbelievable. It's my sixth championship, but I'm as delighted about it as I was with the first. We all know we still have games to play, but today will be a long and intense celebration. We're still young, and we can cope!"

Dante: "We'll go out and party tonight. We still have two weeks until the Champions League final. We want a huge celebration for the fans after two seasons without the shield, and we'll join in a bit."

Markus Weinzierl (FCA coach): "We wanted at least a point here, and it would have been possible today. We were hoping it would all still be open on the last day, and we're delighted about that, but today we're gutted because we produced the right kind of display. We lacked the luck you need to take something home with us today."

Tobias Werner (FCA): "We were superb in the first half, and we could have come away with more. Now we have the final we wanted, the final we were dreaming about. Our arena will explode next week!"
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Heynckes: It fills me with pride

Postby BayernLove » Sat May 11, 2013 8:00 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:Matthias Sammer: "Augsburg did very well today, 3-0 is obviously too big a win. The season isn't over yet. We're still aiming for great things. And once we've achieved great things, we'll do great things. The league title means a huge amount to me. We're up to 88 points, and that's a good feeling. I hope it lasts for eternity"

This is why I love Sammer.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Return to Official FC Bayern News