You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: I know we can turn the corner

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: I know we can turn the corner

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:00 pm

The media centre at the Säbener Strasse facility is a good barometer of the mood and atmosphere at Bayern. On a normal day, it is well filled with reporters. Prior to a big Champions League evening, or if FCB are going through a rough patch, it practically bursts at the seams. On Thursday, 35 reporters and seven camera crews squeezed into the room. It wasn't a normal day.

Jupp Heynckes faced the journalists with his usual calm demeanour, coolly answering questions about the position in the Bundesliga table, problems that need ironing out, and his own future. "We need a rational analysis of the sporting situation," insisted Heynckes, "I know we can turn the corner. I believe in my team. The atmosphere in the dressing room is very good, as we'll see on Saturday and next Tuesday."

Bayern entertain Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga on Saturday, and then meet FC Basel at the Allianz Arena three days later in the do-or-die Champions League Round of 16 return. Heynckes ignored certain stories coursing through the German press in recent days, and focused on football. "At the time when the media themselves were practically having me sign a contract extension, I didn't bother reading the critics, or not much at all. That's what I'm doing now," said the 66-year-old, "all the rumours flying around out there at the moment have no effect on me. It's not a burden at all."

Naturally, Bayern's position in the Bundesliga was "unsatisfactory", the coach acknowledged. "But I still invest huge passion in my work, and I really enjoy this job." The focus in training at present is all about converting chances. "Since Sunday, we've been continually working on finishing," Heynckes reported, "lifting the curse in front of goal is a matter of concentration and an utter desire to score. You have to be aggressive and show lots of bite. You have to believe in yourself."

Ten games still to go

Thanks to a productive week in training, and based on some fine passages of play in recent matches, Heynckes said he was "very confident about Saturday and Tuesday. I sense the mood within the group. I saw us play really good football for an hour in Leverkusen last Saturday." The task now is to deliver results to match.

The recipe was certainly an effective one for long stretches before Christmas. "Up until October, this team showed it is capable of a brand of football which hasn't been seen here in Munich for many years," Heynckes recalled, "my job is to guide the team back to where they were in the first third of the season." The time to draw conclusions is May, the boss stated: "We still have ten league matches to go. What we have to do in the next few weeks is close the gap in the league, and make the next round in the other two competitions." In that case, there might be a few more 'normal' days at the Säbener Strasse media centre.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Heynckes: I know we can turn the corner

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:14 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:"Since Sunday, we've been continually working on finishing," Heynckes reported, "lifting the curse in front of goal is a matter of concentration and an utter desire to score. You have to be aggressive and show lots of bite. You have to believe in yourself."

=D> =D> =D>
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:18 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
FCBayernNews wrote:"Since Sunday, we've been continually working on finishing," Heynckes reported, "lifting the curse in front of goal is a matter of concentration and an utter desire to score. You have to be aggressive and show lots of bite. You have to believe in yourself."

=D> =D> =D>

Expect some own goals then :P
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 pm

MUTU wrote:Expect some own goals then

:lol: :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Return to Official FC Bayern News