You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: All credit to the lads tonight

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: All credit to the lads tonight

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:20 am

Arjen Robben's first-half goal was enough to earn Bayern a place in the DFB Cup semi-finals on Wednesday night. "You have to be happy when you've scored the winner," said the Dutch ace after the victory over holders Dortmund. "All credit to my lads! My team showed we're not only capable of good and attractive football at the moment, we can scrap too," said Jupp Heynckes, "we were the one goal better."

Reaction to Bayern v Dortmund:

Uli Hoeneß: "We fully deserved to beat Dortmund. I was asking myself how I'd get through the match, but it was okay because we played well. You can't do much better than our display in the last 20 minutes. We've made our way back to the top in Germany."

Jupp Heynckes: "All credit to my lads! My team showed we're not only capable of good and attractive football at the moment, we can scrap too. I think we deserved the win. It was a very intense match between two top-class teams. Ultimately, we were the one goal better. We had more chances in the first half. Dortmund covered a huge amount of ground and were very aggressive. In a game at this kind of level it's the tiny things that prove decisive. We were just a touch more aggressive today and utterly determined to win."

Arjen Robben: "We want to win trophies. Today, we wanted to confirm we're in great shape. It was a game between two fantastic teams, not just in terms of Germany, but also in Europe. You have to be happy when you've scored the winner. We're very solid and well-organised. In the second half we let them come at us a little too much, but we still had enough chances to have wrapped it up earlier."

Bastian Schweinsteiger: "We played very well as a team and restricted them to very few chances. We could have taken the lead earlier, but ultimately we deserved to win. Our attitude was very good. Right from the start, I had the feeling we'd win. If we make full use of our ability, we have the better team."

Jürgen Klopp (BVB coach): "We served up a distinctly average first half performance, that wasn't good enough. You need to be on your game for 90 minutes if you're to beat Bayern. The second half was okay, we played well and put Bayern under pressure. In games like this it comes down to the big moments, and Bayern made the most of theirs, but we didn't. We wouldn't have deserved to win today, and we congratulate Bayern on reaching the semi-finals."

Roman Weidenfeller (BVB keeoer): "It was very tough. We tried everything we could, but we lacked the right ideas. Maybe we weren't mentally alert today. Bayern were very, very good this evening. We came up a bit short on the night."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Heynckes: All credit to the lads tonight

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:38 am

FCBayernNews wrote:Roman Weidenfeller "We came up a bit short on the night."

that's what Im talking about:D
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Heynckes: All credit to the lads tonight

Postby Borusse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:46 am

100% class from my guys!
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Return to Official FC Bayern News