You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Hargreaves named England Player of the Year

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Hargreaves named England Player of the Year

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:15 am

Bayern midfielder Owen Hargreaves, voted England’s Player of the World Cup last summer in an official internet poll, has added the title of England Player of the Year 2006 following a fans' vote organised by the English Football Association's website TheFA.com. Owen attracted 29% of the votes to finish ahead of Liverpool pair Steven Gerrard (18%) and Peter Crouch (15%). Hargreaves made eight England appearances in 2006, but the 26-year-old has not made played competitively since cracking a fibula against Arminia Bielefeld back in September. “Any time you can receive the support of the fans is very special so thank you to everyone who voted for me,” TheFA.com quoted the Munich star as saying. “I'm hoping that 2007 will also be a really good year too. I'm very nearly ready to start playing again.” Owen's name joins an illustrious roll of former winners, namely Frank Lampard in 2005 and 2004, and David Beckham in 2003.

<b>Ronaldo quits Real for Milan</b>
The Real Madrid side lining up against Bayern in the Champions League first knockout round will not include Brazil goal-getter Ronaldo, after the leading scorer in World Cup finals history completed a €7.5 million switch to AC Milan. The striker, reported to have earned a net salary of €6.5 million in Madrid, has signed an 18-month deal in northern Italy until 30 June 2008. "It breaks my life to be leaving Madrid, but that's life," the 30-year-old declared. "I've felt at home for four-and-a-half years in Madrid. I've never had problems with a coach, until now. Fabio Capello just didn't want me. I'm a pro and I want to play, so I needed a solution. Now I'm facing a new challenge."

<b>Minute's silence at Allianz Arena</b>
A minute's silence was observed by the players and officials of both teams and the 64,000 crowd ahead of kick-off in Bayern's meeting with Bochum at the Allianz Arena on Tuesday evening in honour of German Football League (DFL) President Werner Hackmann, who died suddenly at home on Sunday morning aged 59. The teams wore black armbands in memory of the former politician turned football administrator for the duration of the match.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:51 pm

He definitely deserves it.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:24 pm

i second that.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Return to Official FC Bayern News