You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Happy holidays, Bayern fans!

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Happy holidays, Bayern fans!

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:30 pm

Season's greetings to all our members, friends and fans,

The year 2009 is slowly but surely drawing to a close - and I'd say without hesitation it's been an eventful year at the club, with many highs and lows.

I'm sure we've all thoroughly enjoyed the last few weeks, as our team has re-established itself in the leading group in the Bundesliga with a series of vital victories. At the midpoint of the season, we are third in the standings and just two points off leaders Bayer Leverkusen, an extremely promising position for the second half of the campaign. We finished as runners-up last season, so my wish for 2010 is that we'll go one better and win the league, celebrating that triumph with our loyal fans as we lift the trophy on the Town Hall balcony in Munich.

In the Champions League, our team produced a phenomenal performance in Turin against Italy's most successful club Juventus, winning 4-1 and deservedly sealing a place in the first knockout round. It was a magical night, crowned by an achievement which had looked all but impossible just a few weeks previously.

We have now been drawn to play AC Fiorentina in the last sixteen. We know the team from Florence well from last season, when we beat them 3-0 here in Munich and drew 1-1 away from home in the group phase. Even though we've been spared the truly big names like Barcelona and Chelsea, I must warn everyone at the club against underestimating Fiorentina. Any team which wins its group ahead of Olympique Lyon and Liverpool has earned a huge amount of respect.

However, I'm convinced we can reach the next round, provided the team maintains its increasingly excellent form of the last few weeks.

There are so many people to thank at the end of any year. Speaking on behalf of the entire club, my most sincere and deepest thanks go to you, valued members and fans. You have not only turned out to support our team home and away in huge numbers, you have proved yourselves consistently fair and loyal partners within our Bayern family. These attributes yet again came to the fore at our moving AGM in late November.

Together with my fellow board director Karl Hopfner, I'd like to offer warm thanks to our supervisory board headed by Franz Beckenbauer and Herbert Hainer, the professional playing staff under coach Louis van Gaal and his coaching team, director of sport Christian Nerlinger, and our medical unit headed by Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt.

My special thanks also go to the Executive Committee of the members' club FC Bayern Munich e.V. comprising newly-elected president Uli Hoeneß, honorary president Franz Beckenbauer, and vice-presidents Dr Fritz Scherer and Bernd Rauch, and the advisory board under the leadership of Eckhart Müller-Heydenreich and former Bavarian minister president Dr Edmund Stoiber.

I would also like to thank everyone involved in the smooth running of our head office, our heads of section and all our voluntary helpers, our sponsoring partners led by Deutsche Telekom AG, adidas and Audi, the staff at Allianz Arena Muenchen Stadion GmbH, our security personnel and the local authorities.

It remains only for me to wish you a happy and peaceful Christmas, and an excellent start to a healthy and successful 2010!

With warmest regards

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge
Chairman
FC Bayern Munich AG
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Happy holidays, Bayern fans!

Postby Element » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:46 pm

[quote="FCBayernNews"]Karl-Heinz Rummenigge[/quote]

Merry Christmas and Happy new year for U Too , Mr. Rummenigge

Hope you surprise us with A New Rightback
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Happy holidays, Bayern fans!

Postby appudds » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:35 pm

Mee too...
Merry Christmas to all the FC bayern memebers (staff and players)
A perfect christmas present wud be a great right back!!!
Hope we get that!
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Return to Official FC Bayern News