You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Happy holidays, Bayern fans!

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Happy holidays, Bayern fans!

Postby FCBayernNews » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:15 pm

Greetings to all our members and fans,

The year 2008 is slowly but surely drawing to a close - and I'd say without hesitation it's been a wonderful year for Bayern Munich.

In summer we joined our long-serving head coach Ottmar Hitzfeld and our long-serving goalkeeper and captain Oliver Kahn in celebrating a 21st German championship and 14th DFB Cup triumph, the seventh domestic double in the history of our club.

Since then, under Ottmar Hitzfeld's successor Jürgen Klinsmann, the team has fulfilled all our expectations. At the midpoint of the season, we are level on points with the leaders at the top of the Bundesliga, an extremely promising position for the second half of the campaign. We have reached the last sixteen of the DFB Cup, and we finished the Champions League group stage with the best record of all 32 participating teams. We can justifiably look forward with confidence to the first knockout round in the New Year.

It gives me enormous pleasure to record and recognise that Bayern Munich is, in every respect, a unique and great club of which we can all be proud. We have assembled a first-class team, and we can be very positive about the future. Furthermore, our financial position can rightly be described as extremely good. In the last fiscal year, we again managed our finances solidly and responsibly, reporting a profit for the 16th year in a row and generating record revenues.

There are so many people to thank at the end of any year. Speaking on behalf of the entire club, my most sincere and deepest thanks go to you, valued members and fans. Both at home at the Allianz Arena and at our away games you have been a model of loyalty. The atmosphere at our own Allianz Arena has been incomparable, and the successes we've celebrated together in 2008 were unique experiences for each and every one of us.

Together with my fellow board directors Uli Hoeneß and Karl Hopfner, I'd like to offer warm thanks to our supervisory board headed by Franz Beckenbauer and Herbert Hainer, and the professional playing staff under coach Jürgen Klinsmann and his team. My thanks also go to the Executive Committee of the members' club FC Bayern Munich e.V. comprising Franz Beckenbauer, Dr Fritz Scherer and Bernd Rauch, and the advisory board under the leadership of Eckhart Müller-Heydenreich and Dr Edmund Stoiber.

I would also like to thank everyone involved in the smooth running of our head office, our medical unit, our heads of section and all our voluntary helpers, our sponsoring partners led by Deutsche Telekom AG and adidas, the staff at Allianz Arena Muenchen Stadion GmbH, our security personnel and the local authorities.

It remains only for me to wish you a happy and peaceful Christmas and an excellent start to 2009. I would be delighted to see you back at the Allianz Arena, healthy and in good spirits, when we meet Borussia Dortmund in our first home Bundesliga fixture of the New Year on 8 February 2009.

With warmest regards

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge
Chairman
FC Bayern Munich AG
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Happy holidays, Bayern fans!

Postby Tomas » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:51 pm

The only Christmas present I want is... NO MORE 7 WEEK WINTER BREAKS!!!!!! Oh, and a CL trophy!
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News