You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Guardiola: I’m proud of our performance

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Guardiola: I’m proud of our performance

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:45 pm

At the end of the day, a point away to the side in third and taking top spot in the league table meant Bayern’s trip to Leverkusen was successful. “I'm very, very proud of our performance. We gave it everything, and played very, very, very well," Pep Guardiola declared afterwards. No-one could deny that the treble winners deserved to win, but sporting director Matthias Sammer was not unhappy: “We're delighted with the point."

Reaction to Bayer v Bayern

Matthias Sammer: “We played with great determination and we battled away, that was unbelievable. So what I thought to myself was this: let's hope it's not one of those days where you end up losing 2-1. We’re delighted with the point.”

Pep Guardiola: “Congratulations to my players, we’re first in the table. I'm very, very proud of our performance. We gave it everything, and played very, very, very well. But we've ended up not winning - and that's football. Leno is a great goalkeeper.”

Philipp Lahm: “Goals are part of football, but we failed to score them, which is why it's ended 1-1. It's a shame we conceded the equaliser so soon after going a goal up. But for all that, we played very, very well for long spells. We were clearly superior to what is normally an extremely good Leverkusen team, they created very few chances today. Our blend of attacking and defending looked good again.”

Franck Ribéry: “We did very well in the first half. It should have been 3-1 or even 4-1. Leverkusen were very defensive and looked for chances on the break. We had lots of chances which we didn't take today, unfortunately. But sometimes, that's football. The good thing is that we didn't lose. We're top of the table now, and that's important.”

Simon Rolfes (Bayer Leverkusen captain): “Obviously, in a game like that you need a great goalkeeper - and ours was world class today. We know all about Bayern, they’re incredibly focused on possession. You have to choose tactics for the task, close down the space, and try to get at them on the break every now and then. Football isn't always just.”

Bernd Leno (Bayer Leverkusen keeper): “I always thought I'd have a lot to do, because Bayern are an exceptional team. Games like that are wonderful for a keeper to show what he can do. In terms of footballing ability, we're some way off Bayern, and we have to accept that. But still huge credit to the team, we fought like lions and deserved the point, although it was obviously a little lucky.”
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Guardiola: I’m proud of our performance

Postby MoFattal » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:49 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:Pep Guardiola: “Congratulations to my players ... and played very, very, very well.

FCBayernNews wrote:Philipp Lahm: “Goals are part of football ... we played very, very well for long spells.

Pep Effect :pep:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Guardiola: I’m proud of our performance

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Guardiola wrote:very, very, very well

MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Official FC Bayern News