You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Guardiola: I can’t explain it

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Guardiola: I can’t explain it

Postby FCBayernNews » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:35 pm

Tuesday’s 75,000 sell-out crowd at the Allianz Arena will not forget their evening out in a hurry. FC Bayern’s 5-1 win in the top clash against VfL Wolfsburg took the Reds back to the top of the standings overnight but was made memorable and extraordinary by Robert Lewandowski’s record-breaking five goals in the space of just nine second-half minutes. “That was madness,” the striker said afterwards, “I’m obviously delighted.”

Reaction to Bayern v Wolfsburg

Pep Guardiola: “I’ve never experienced anything like it, either as a coach or a player. Five goals in nine minutes. I’m so happy for Robert. We didn’t play well for 45 minutes and then we score five in nine minutes. I can’t explain it.”

Robert Lewandowski: “I’m obviously delighted. That was madness. It’s a massive evening for me. We were behind at half time. I wanted to go for it because we needed two goals. After the third or fourth goal I looked up at the video wall and was surprised there was so long left to play. The coach didn’t have to give me instructions. I knew what I had to do.”

Dieter Hecking (VfL Wolfsburg coach): “What can I say? A world-class striker’s taken five shots at goal and could actually have scored seven. Obviously that can’t be happening. We had a good first half and succeeded in keeping Bayern a long way from our goal, Bayern were unable to up the pace. In the second half we’ve had these famous nine minutes. We can’t be going 2-1 down 50 seconds after conceding the equaliser. We have to accept the thrashing we’ve taken today.”

Daniel Caligiuri: “We were ahead but let in the equaliser straight after half-time. We were in a state of shock, but I still don’t know what happened after that. That was gruesome. We have to forget it as fast as we can. That was a show of force by Bayern.”

Maximilian Arnold: “No idea. It can’t be explained. There’s not a lot to say.”
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News