You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Görlitz: It was done in two and a half hours

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Görlitz: It was done in two and a half hours

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu May 20, 2010 9:00 am

Andreas Görlitz has just a 16-minute DFB Cup appearance to his name this term, with four outings for the reserves. "But I've still learned a lot," the 28-year-old told fcbayern.de. The player has other talents too, teaming up with Munich pop star Tommy Reeve and his band Room 77 to record Go to Bernabeu. Görlitz spoke about the anthem for the final, the season, and his future plans.

Interview: Andreas Görlitz

fcbayern.de: Andi, how did the Champions League final anthem come about?
Andreas Görlitz: "The idea came up on the return flight from Lyon, but we let it lie until a chance meeting with Tommy Reeve. He knew me as a footballer who plays music too, and we talked about the idea. Tommy thought it was great, so I asked if he'd help out. He's a music industry pro, but we're just part-timers."

So you all went into the studio?
"We met up at our rehearsal rooms and just got on with it. It went pretty well. We had no paper, so we scribbled the lyrics on a pizza box. Tommy had a rough idea of how it should sound, and it was done in two and a half hours. We went into the studio a couple of days later and recorded it."

What's been the reaction?
"Fantastic! We've had masses of traffic to our homepage (www.room-77.com), loads of people are downloading the song."

Do your fellow band members support Bayern?
"Oh yes. They've often visited the stadium and follow the game closely, but none are great players, apart from my brother. He could have been pretty good, but he opted for music at some point."

Will we hear your song at the Bernabeu?
"All the lads will be there, but we won't be appearing live. I know [Munich band] Spider Murphy Gang played before the 2001 Champions League final, but what I'm really hoping is to be in the squad."

You know that Room 77 turned things around for Bayern last autumn?
"Yes, I know. We performed our song 'Hope' at the Allianz Arena before the Champions League home game against Maccabi, and we won 13 on the bounce after that. Terrific story."

Music is a hobby, but professionally you're a footballer, though you've played very little this season.
"Indeed. I had a brief run-out in the cup and four games for the reserves, but I've still taken a lot out of the season. I've had a great coach, and I've learned a lot for the rest of my career, especially tactically. I'm impressed by his half-time talks too: he can switch things around in just a couple of sentences."

So you're not angry at Van Gaal for using you so infrequently?
"Obviously, it's been frustrating at times. But Van Gaal has treated me exactly the same as the other players, he worked very hard on me personally, he's praised me when I've done well, and had a go at me for mistakes."

Do you consider yourself a double winner?
"I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I've been part of it all season, I've trained with the lads and pushed them hard in every training session, and always supported them. On the other hand, I've not made much of a contribution to our success. But as I say, I've learned a lot from the season."

Your contract expires this summer. What are your plans?
"I'll be leaving Bayern. We've had interesting talks with a few clubs, but nothing's ready for signing yet."

And what about the band?
"It obviously depends where I end up, but we'll definitely carry on. We don't perform very often, maybe three or four times a year. As for studio time, it's usually been in Karlsruhe, so the lads are flexible."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Görlitz: It was done in two and a half hours

Postby SilentStrike » Thu May 20, 2010 11:24 pm

FCBayernNews wrote: I'm impressed by his half-time talks too: he can switch things around in just a couple of sentences."

So am I.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Return to Official FC Bayern News