You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Fun for all at Dream Game in Passau

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Fun for all at Dream Game in Passau

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:40 pm

A festival of fun for all the family took place in Lower Bavaria on Saturday afternoon, as this year's Dream Game in Passau proved a roaring success. The Bayern first-team squad beat a team fielded by official fan clubs Red Bulls Taubenbach e.V. and Mia san mia Schalding l.d. Donau / Passau e.V. by a 15-2 scoreline, providing a feast of entertainment for the 19,000 crowd at the Dreiflüssestadion in Passau.

"Just looking around me now, this is exactly why we first established the annual Dream Game," declared FCB president Uli Hoeneß, who joined the Munich board of directors at the match, and was bowled over by the atmosphere in Passau. "It shows that FC Bayern is one big happy family, and others could learn from our example," Hoeneß continued.

The rain stopped nicely in time for kick-off, and the sun even peeped through the clouds, adding to the success of a fully enjoyable event. Coach Jupp Heynckes and his men provided plenty of highlights out on the field, in a gentle test in between the altogether more serious business of the LIGAtotal!Cup and AUDI Cup.

Mario Gomez (5), Thomas Müller (3), Nils Petersen (2), Toni Kroos (2), Arjen Robben, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Daniel van Buyten scored for the Bundesliga giants, who travelled with a full squad minus only Holger Badstuber, a late withdrawal with illness. A week after completing his transfer to Munich, summer signing Jérôme Boateng made his debut in a Bayern shirt, completing the full 90 minutes at centre-half.

Unforgettable day

Heynckes made a number of changes to the line-ups which contested the LIGAtotal!Cup in Mainz last Tuesday and Wednesday, but FCB were understandably still far too good for their purely amateur opponents. Petersen and Kroos with two goals each, and Robben and Schweinsteiger made the score 6-0 at half-time.

Heynckes made nine changes for the second half, with only Boateng and David Alaba playing the whole match. The stars were in even more free-scoring form after the break, with Gomez netting five in just 45 minutes. Müller with a hat-trick and Van Buyten added the remaining goals, although the biggest cheers of a highly cheerful day were reserved for the Fan Club XI's two consolation goals, all helping to make it a day to remember in Lower Bavaria.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Fun for all at Dream Game in Passau

Postby tflags » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:17 pm

Any highlights? Damm we can't keep a clean sheet!
tflags

Postby quaazi » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:30 pm

You can't win over a fanclub 16-0, man. That's just rude. You gotta let a couple goals in, it's common courtesy.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:23 am

At this point in time, I am going for all out rudeness. :lol: . I hope this is the case of a courteous couple of goals although I think one was more than enough TBH.
tflags

Return to Official FC Bayern News