You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Flying wingers add touch of extra class

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Flying wingers add touch of extra class

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun May 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Louis van Gaal is not the kind of coach to single out individuals in his post-match analysis. The Dutchman is famously a proponent of collective thinking, with the team outranking any individual. However, following the cup final victory over Werder Bremen, the Bayern boss made an exception, although he did it in characteristically blunt fashion.

"We normally have a problem with organisation when we play with both Ribéry and Robben. But they stuck to their positions today, and that makes us a very good team," the 58-year-old told the post-match news conference - in this case, without being asked about either or both his superstars.

A clear-cut and totally merited 4-0 triumph against Werder was another striking example of Munich's ability to impose their will on matches in recent months. But it was also a contest bearing the metaphorical signatures of Franck Ribéry, and especially Arjen Robben. "That was one of my best games this season," Robben declared after another sublime display.

Always a threat with his high-speed dribbling at and around the left side of the Bremen defence, Robben handed his side an overdue lead from the spot. He was asked if he might be in the form of his life. "Yes, I think so," he replied, "I was very happy with my game today. This is what I can do if I stay fit for the whole season."

Van Gaal's praise for Ribéry

Over on the opposite flank, Ribéry was a similarly effective attacking presence and effectively wrapped up the win with the third goal, but also tracked and tackled back with commendable energy. "I've told Franck that was his best game," Van Gaal revealed. The France winger's season has been frequently interrupted by injury, but he has steadily picked up form in the run-in. "I think that was one of my best games this season," Ribéry told fcbayern.de, mirroring Robben's thought.

"Robben and Ribéry add something extra," continued Van Gaal, delighted at presiding over one of Europe's deadliest wing pairings. "They played like midfielders today, but with strikers' instincts." And if the duo also stick to Van Gaal's tactical orders, "it makes us an outstanding team. It makes us a bit different." By which the boss meant that Robben and Ribéry can make the decisive difference.

Hopes rest on CAS

However, it is far from certain that Bayern will be able to call on both their world-class wide men in next Saturday's Champions League final against Inter. The International Court for Arbitration in Sport (CAS) is to rule on Ribéry's eligibility for the game. "We'll do everything in our power to have Franck play in the final," declared chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: "We hope the CAS agrees with our plea."

It is not hard to imagine what appearing in the final would mean to Ribéry. He for one has yet to give up hope: "You've got to keep believing." Van Gaal said he would be "disappointed if Franck can't play," and he would not be the only one.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Flying wingers add touch of extra class

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sun May 16, 2010 8:12 pm

"We normally have a problem with organization when we play with both Ribery and Robben."

Is what i have been saying whole season :) . Its good that both are becoming more tactically disciplined slowly, specially Ribery who is becoming more and more balanced. Hes getting there.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SilentStrike » Sun May 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Yeah yesterday they were both magnificent.

They're playing better and better together but its not perfect yet.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Element » Mon May 17, 2010 11:09 am

Agree with Silentstrike

Robben is sometiems too selfish

And Ribery still loses many dribbles and gives weak passes

i think that LVG will Destroy them in the pre-season so that they play together perfectly

(He has installed cameras in the training ground so that no one takes unallowed rests , this was the reason of the problems between lahm and ribery with LVG)

we know that LVG is a wicked coach , He made Van bommel Dribble !!!!!

so i think that Ribery and robben will be like the 2 faces of the coin
Element

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Official FC Bayern News