You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Fired-up Pizarro wants to 'win it all'

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Fired-up Pizarro wants to 'win it all'

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:30 am

As a Bayern player, Claudio Pizarro has already won the Intercontinental Cup, the Bundesliga three times, and the DFB Cup three times. He has 71 goals to his name in 174 league matches for FCB - and five years after leaving Munich for the first time, he is desperate for more. "Win everything. Everything there is. That's the target," he said on Wednesday.

The Peru striker is unable to play a full part in the early training sessions of pre-season, as he is still busy shaking off an injury collected while playing for Bremen at the end of last term. He is pursuing an individual sports rehab programme, and in fact cut short his summer vacation in order to report to the FCB medical unit almost two weeks ahead of the official restart date. "Unfortunately, I've not made it in time. Maybe in 10 days," he reported when asked about a return to the full training burden, "Fortunately, pre-season is long this year."

Pizarro previously played for Germany's biggest club from 2001 to 2007. "I'm more experienced and maybe I've calmed down a bit," he reflected. There have been changes at the Säbener Strasse facility too. The Performance Center and ServiceCentre did not exist when Pizza left the club, but the 33-year-old still feels at home. "I know most of the people here and I know the club. I've always said Bayern is the best club I've played for."

With six years of FCB under his belt, the player is unconcerned about the battle for places in attack. "Competition is totally normal, you get it at every club," said the man who is the leading foreign scorer in Bundesliga history with 160 goals. He has also not forgotten his arrival in Munich back in 2001: "We had five strikers at the time, so it was even more difficult."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Fired-up Pizarro wants to 'win it all'

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:31 am

Now that's the kind of arrogance we're missing!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Return to Official FC Bayern News