You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern to launch proprietary TV channel

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

FC Bayern to launch proprietary TV channel

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:25 pm

On Monday 27 February at 11.00 CET FC Bayern will launch FC Bayern.tv live, the club's own linear TV channel. It will broadcast reports on FC Bayern, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The channel is accessible in high definition via EntertainTV, the official club website and the FC Bayern smartphone apps.

FC Bayern.tv live is available at €5.95 per month. The first 12 months are free for Telekom customers. The new channel will be free for all fans during the first week from 27 February to 5 March.

FC Bayern München AG chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge commented: "FC Bayern.tv live makes us the first German club with its own linear TV channel. We're proud to launch this channel in cooperation with our main partner Telekom. It's a new way to reach out to our many fans."

"We're further extending our strategic partnership with FC Bayern and are glad to offer our customers FC Bayern.tv live on EntertainTV," said Michael Hagspihl, Telekom Germany CEO in charge of private client relations. "FC Bayern are the number one in Germany, also in terms of media distribution of club content. With Telekom, the leading telecommunications provider, the club has the right partner."

FC Bayern München AG Director of Media and Communication Stefan Mennerich added: "FC Bayern.tv live is another, crucial element in our media mix. We'll offer Bayern fans background reports, talkshow formats, exclusive interviews and most notably live content. Carlo Ancelotti's team will be at the centre of attention, but we'll also report on the FC Bayern basketballers, our footballing women, the Bayern reserves, the youth teams and other sections."

Telekom Germany head of sports marketing Henning Stiegenroth commented: "We'll offer our customers and all Bayern fans more high-quality sport content with the innovative TV channel FC Bayern.tv live."

The programme at a glance:
  • News format from Monday to Friday live from 11 am and 6 pm from the new FC Bayern TV studio at the Säbener Strasse
  • Public training sessions live
  • Press talks live
  • All FC Bayern Basketball matches live
  • All U-19 home matches live
  • All first team matches and goals re-live
  • Classics: the greatest moments in FC Bayern history
  • 1-1 Talk: an in-depth chat with an FC Bayern personality
  • Added time: an expert analysing the last Bundesliga match
  • Inside: the first team and everybody involved at the centre of attention
  • Even more up-to-date content
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: FC Bayern to launch proprietary TV channel

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:19 pm

I don't understand... is it on satellite or not?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:07 am

They're doing a live launch right now on Facebook....I'm afraid that it is as I had suspected when Tcom was being mentioned as the main platform for this, it is an Internet channel.

https://online.fcbayern.com/fcbayerntv/de#/abo
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:10 am

Of course it is
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:58 am

Bayernbazi wrote:I'm afraid that it is as I had suspected when Tcom was being mentioned as the main platform for this, it is an Internet channel.

Not only.
FCBayernNews wrote:The channel is accessible in high definition via EntertainTV, the official club website and the FC Bayern smartphone apps.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:35 pm

MUTU wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:I'm afraid that it is as I had suspected when Tcom was being mentioned as the main platform for this, it is an Internet channel.

Not only.
FCBayernNews wrote:The channel is accessible in high definition via EntertainTV, the official club website and the FC Bayern smartphone apps.

Still all of which are IPTV and not satellite. When the launch was announced and it was mentioned to be in line with other club's channels, one would have thought that it would be available on sat as well since all big clubs that I know of have sat channel. The giveaway was when they mentioned that this will be delivered over Telekom platform.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Not only.

Still all of which are IPTV and not satellite. When the launch was announced and it was mentioned to be in line with other club's channels, one would have thought that it would be available on sat as well since all big clubs that I know of have sat channel. The giveaway was when they mentioned that this will be delivered over Telekom platform.

They're talking about a "channel 320" here. Are you sure it's not available over cable/satellite?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:25 pm

As a matter of fact, I just found out that they do seem to have a satellite option for people outside normal DSL coverage.
The satellite in use seems to be Astra 19.2E but strangely enough I cannot find any packages related to Telekom, EntertainTV on any channel lists !
https://www.dslweb.de/telekom-entertain-sat.php
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Return to Official FC Bayern News