You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Dressing room set for sweeping changes

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Dressing room set for sweeping changes

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:20 pm

Just minutes after Bayern's 2-1 defeat to Hamburg on Saturday, the champions second home reverse of term and their tenth overall, general manager Uli Hoeneß hastened to the dressing room for a no-punches-pulled talk with the playing staff.

"That symbolised the season for us," Hoeneß later told a throng of reporters. The campaign had been planned as the transition from one generation to the next, "but we've failed to hit the targets we set ourselves. That makes us even more determined to push through a radical renewal of this team," he declared.

<b>Dealing in facts</b>

The players had been informed of this fact in unmistakable terms. "We'll see a completely different team here next season, as we're not going to put up with this any more," the board director thundered. "This team has had its chance, and this team has clearly not taken its chance. And if you don't take your chance for a full season, you don't deserve a second chance."

Defeats to Milan, Stuttgart and Hamburg "have made it clear to everyone that we have to refresh this team, and that's what we'll do," the 55-year-old continued, emphasising the need for quality over quantity. "We're short of class in some areas, so we'll have to purchase class. That's what we're going to do."

<b>Purchasing power and vision</b>

José Ernesto Sosa (Estudiantes), Jan Schlaudraff (Aachen) and Hamit Altintop (Schalke) are the confirmed new signings so far, but Hoeneß declined to reveal any other names. "I'm not here to confirm random media reports. We deal in facts, and once we have facts, we'll confirm them."

The club currently had "enough cash to go shopping," but Bayern would continue to "operate within sensible limits." However, Hoeneß repeated his pledge to spend more in the transfer market than in previous years. "We're business people, but we also have a vision. That means taking risks sometimes."

<b>Busy behind the scenes</b>

"We've been very busy of late," Hoeneß revealed, "we've invested all our energy in recent weeks to creating a team which has nothing to do with the current one." The club's transfer dealings should be concluded in four to six weeks' time, "and then we'll announce what we've been up to."

Bayern would be back with a vengeance next term, the official concluded. "One thing is certain: next season, our fans will not have to watch the kind of team we're putting out at the moment. Let me assure you we'll start next season with a team capable of winning the German championship."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:21 pm

Only the German championship?

I don't like that comment. I hope he is including the Champions League in that comment.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News