You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Confident Milan target semi-final berth

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Confident Milan target semi-final berth

Postby FCBayernNews » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:00 pm

The mandatory pre-match news conference featuring Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti and club captain Paolo Maldini was delayed by half an hour on Tuesday as the Italian party completed a leisurely lunch, but the pair were a model of quiet confidence when they finally appeared to take reporters' questions. "The team is in good shape. I have a feeling we can win in Munich," Ancelotti remarked.

"We still have every chance, and we can definitely make it," Maldini echoed. "We'll give it our best shot, we'll try and turn in a convincing display and get through to the semi-finals," Ancelotti promised. "We're stronger than Bayern," club vice president Adriano Galliani insisted.

<b>Potent marksman Pippo</b>

The Italians hold an undoubted trump in the shape of striker Filippo Inzaghi, the mention of whose name guarantees a nervous shudder from the home camp. "Super Pippo" was the architect of the Bavarians' group stage exit from the competition in 2002, scoring twice as the Milanese triumphed 2-1 in Munich, and firing the winner in the Italians' 2-1 victory in the return. Inzaghi netted another brace in Bayern's sobering 4-1 defeat in Milan when the sides met in the last 16 a year ago.

The seasoned hitman, who has amassed 35 goals in the Champions League to date, is likely to operate on his own up front with Alberto Gilardino suspended. "Forza Pippo!" chanted a group of 20 Milan loyalists as the Italian party arrived at their Munich hotel on Tuesday.

<b>Attack as best form of defence</b>

However, the player has only completed a total of 109 competitive minutes since January with a string of niggling injuries to his left leg. His record of 55 goals in 90 European appearances, the fifth-best tally of all time behind front-runner Gerd Müller on 69, still speaks for itself. "A striker of his experience and class could make the difference in Munich," Ancelotti insisted.

The Milan boss predicted contrasting tactics from the two sides. "We'll play our normal attacking game, but they're at home in front of their own crowd, so they'll be lively but definitely a little more cautious." Ottmar Hitzfeld's men need only a goalless or 1-1 draw to make the next round. "It's advantage Bayern," Maldini conceded with a smile, "but we could win it right up to the last minute. A football match lasts 90 minutes." Occasionally, as Milan know all too well from the first leg, it can also last a little longer.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SNAKE » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:36 pm

Uefa already planned the semis, Eng-Eng Eng-Ita. So dont get disappointed.
If by any chance God himself will help Bayern, Eng-Ger but then to the final it will be Eng-Eng, im 110% sure of this.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:30 pm

SNAKE wrote:Uefa already planned the semis, Eng-Eng Eng-Ita. So dont get disappointed.

What on Earth are you on about with all this conspiracy talk? If anything, UEFA have a grudge AGAINST Milan. May I remind you that they were reluctant to let AC Milan in the competition this season because of the Calciopoli case.

SNAKE wrote:If by any chance God himself will help Bayern, Eng-Ger but then to the final it will be Eng-Eng, im 110% sure of this.

If you are so sure, then you should bet all your money and belongings on that. You should make a lot of money!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tracylynn » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:32 pm

I think in the end it will be an all English final, and when that happens I won't watch the game. I think this is one reason why Plantini (whatever his name is) wants to reduce the amount of teams each league can send. Out of the six teams left, half of them are English therefore they have a greater probability of getting to the finals.

What is it with these cocky comments? "We're stronger than Bayern." Geez! I hate cockiness. Bayern better burn Milan's behind.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:41 pm

Nah, we're much stronger than them. We have Van Buyten, who's dad was a professional wrestler.

Let's see who would win in a fight :D

Kahn vs Dida - Kahn (buwahaha!)
Salihamidzic vs Oddo - the most difficult to predict. Probably a draw.
Lucio vs Nesta - Lucio
Van Buyten vs Maldini - Van Buyten (hahaha poor Maldini)
Lahm vs Jankulovski - Jankulovski
Hargreaves vs Gattuso - Gattuso (though it will be very agressive)
Van Bommel vs Pirlo - Van Bommel
Ottl vs Ambrosini - Ambrosini
Schweinsteiger vs Kaka - Schweinsteiger
Makaay vs Seedorf - Seedorf
Podolski vs Inzaghi - Podolski

See, we're stronger than them :D
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Confident Milan target semi-final berth

Postby podolski4life » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:26 am

Maldini wrote:A football match lasts 90 minutes.

Captain Obvious to the rescue!

MUTU wrote:Van Bommel vs Pirlo - Van Bommel

Heck, with MVBeast being the crazy hothead he is, he could take on the entire AC Milan squad and win.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:27 am

MUTU wrote:Salihamidzic vs Oddo - the most difficult to predict. Probably a draw.

I disagree...:D...I think Brazzo will eat him alive..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Re: Confident Milan target semi-final berth

Postby tracylynn » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:31 am

podolski4life wrote:
Heck, with MVBeast being the crazy hothead he is, he could take on the entire AC Milan squad and win.

I think Kahn can take on the whole team and win. Better yet, Kahn could probably take on any team and win. All he has to do is stare them in the face, which probably means they'll cry for their mommy to protect them as he gives them the evil eye.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby SNAKE » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:47 am

What the blue hell are you guys talking about? Its nt about strenght or tactics or whos got the better stars or the better coach or any kind of this crap, "Football" today is all about £££££ / $$$$$ and €€€€€ . All the damn clubs in the semis are Ambramovich, Glazer, Gillette and maybe Berlusconi. In a NORMAL game we would beat Milan and even Chelsea, but face it, Uefa got everything planned, Last year Barcelona winning was just a surprise, thats all, it was meant for Arsenal. But justice was served for once Barca winning it. Tonight was a great example of English favouritism. Valencia who HAD a great home record were DESTROYING those ignorante Chelsea for the 1st half, then suddenly BOOM, Chelsea won, cmon is this football or tennis? Chelsea were invisible in the 1st half and then they "destroyed Valencia" with every decision going towards the english bastards. Same with Mancunts United, at Roma they had a disadvantage and Roma gave everything they had and even more, then at Old Trafford BOOM 7-1 ??? WTF!!!, 3 goals in 10 mins! What the hell? Is that Roma or some team from the Faroe Islands? I stick to my theory, Platini was at the Chelsea match, why would HE be there? surely not for the great view of Mestalla and 1 more thing. Supposly it Chelsea ref was Lubos Michel! NOT the damn greek! Instead Michel for some reason took the Man Utd game. And now tomorrow another english victory for Liverpool maybe another 3-0?? Who knows!? Also I wouldnt be suprise if we see some controversialy penalty in the last 5/10 minutes of our match against AC Mafia. Milan are more then confident about tomorrow its like they KNOW they'll go through and no its not a mind game from Ancellotti.

We should just see Bundesliga. I only wish that I can see the games instead of listening to Bundesliga.de radio. :( cant find some good stream.
BTW Mutu. You shouldnt talk about the Italian scandal because remember in Germany ALSO had a similar scandal (Hamburg in the DFB cup remmeber?). I only wish that EPL gets caught aswell, but that wont happen cause they have loads of backup to act like nothin happens to their "precious gay league". Ah I Finally blew some steam" now I can listen to my therapy music :) :lol:

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:36 am

Ladies and gentlemen, Snake will now present his conspiracy theory on JFK and how many shooters there were. :D :lol:

Seriously Snake, we're just trying to have a little fun and relax before the big game. Tomorrow, we're all going to be on pins and needles so why not relax and have a little fun with us? :D
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby SNAKE » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:35 am

Hehehehehe, I wish I can relax like you guys but I can never accept this kind of cheating and favouritism especially towards english and italians.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Return to Official FC Bayern News