You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coach: We made too many basic errors

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Coach: We made too many basic errors

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat May 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Bayern missed out on a 16th domestic cup triumph due to a below-par display at Berlin Olympic Stadium on Saturday evening. The FCB camp was downcast and deeply disappointed in the aftermath of an unexpectedly clear-cut 5-2 defeat to champions Borussia Dortmund. "All in all, our defensive display was a catastrophe," lamented boss Jupp Heynckes, "you'll never win if you make such basic errors."

Reaction to the DFB Cup final:

Jupp Heynckes: "Congratulations to BVB. Borussia deserved the win. They ruthlessly exploited our weaknesses. We were very unfocused in defence today and handed out gifts. All in all, our defensive display was a catastrophe. Borussia Dortmund created one chance in the first half but scored three goals. We blew it at the decisive moments and made far too many unnecessary mistakes, and obviously you'll never win a match if you make such basic errors. In the cold light of day, you have to accept we wouldn't have deserved to win."

Philipp Lahm: "We were the better team for 90 minutes, but we made disastrous errors and kept handing it to our opponents on a plate, a situation Dortmund used to the full. We can't be making errors like that next week."

Arjen Robben: "Losing 5-2 hurts a lot. I can't explain that performance. We're frustrated now, but as of Monday our focus is on the Champions League final."

Jürgen Klopp (Dortmund coach): "From a Dortmund point of view, it's impossible to imagine a better cup final. We struck ruthlessly and we scored great goals. What we're feeling now definitely can't be put into words."

Sebastian Kehl (Dortmund captain): "Bayern are a very, very good team, and we've been made to work extremely hard tonight. But I think we've proved we're worthy champions and cup winners this season. We were always up for it and alert. Taking a 2-1 lead settled us down, and then we scored the important third before half-time. In the second half we waited for our chances on the break, and we've ended up deserving to win."

Joachim Löw (Germany coach): "I never expected this result, but especially based on the second half it's a deserved victory. Dortmund always show plenty of bite against Bayern, but I think we'll see a huge reaction from Bayern against Chelsea next weekend."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Coach: We made too many basic errors

Postby MoFattal » Sat May 12, 2012 11:01 pm

Jupp Heynckes: All in all, our defensive display was a catastrophe.

Well that sums it up correctly!

Philipp Lahm: "We were the better team for 90 minutes

Oh for God's sake, does Lahm knows any other explanation?!?!?!?!?!?!

Arjen Robben: but as of Monday our focus is on the Champions League final

I bet he meant since the past Monday :mrgreen:

Sebastian Kehl (Dortmund captain): "Bayern are a very, very good team, and we've been made to work extremely hard tonight.

Did anyone else feel offended by this comment? It's like being addressed as a lower league team or something :evil:

Joachim Löw (Germany coach): I think we'll see a huge reaction from Bayern against Chelsea next weekend.

This guy knows our players more than anyone else, so he surely knows something or two about how they might react next week
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Coach: We made too many basic errors

Postby momberg » Sun May 13, 2012 1:37 am

4 errors 4 goals, Boateng also very bad juice
momberg
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News