You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coach Lucescu: The best team doesn’t always win

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Coach Lucescu: The best team doesn’t always win

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:20 am

Shakhtar Donetsk will be close to full strength when they take on FC Bayern at the Allianz Arena on Wednesday evening. The only regular missing for the Ukrainian champions is Bernard (ankle), with long-term injury also ruling out Marcio Azevedo and Ismaily, although the striker is not generally first choice. Alex Texeira missed the club’s previous league match with a stomach upset but is fit again, while defensive midfielder Taras Stepanenko returns from suspension.

Coach Mircea Lucescu has brought a 21-strong squad to Munich, where Shakhtar arrived a day earlier than normal practice on Monday. The team currently lying second in the Ukrainian top flight, seven points off leaders Dynamo Kyiv, completed their pre-match training session at the Allianz Arena on Tuesday evening. Before that, Lucescu and Stepanenko addressed a press conference at the stadium.

Mircea Lucescu: “Bayern Munich are one of the best teams in Europe, a team of the highest quality. They play at the highest level and their football is genuinely good to watch. Guardiola is doing a really impressive job here in Munich. But in football the best team doesn’t always win. We’ll try and give the best possible account of ourselves tomorrow.”

Taras Stepanenko: “It’s an honour for every player to have the opportunity to play at this great stadium. We have great respect for Bayern, but we’ve come here in search of a positive result. We’ll give it our best shot.”
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Coach Lucescu: The best team doesn’t always win

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:30 am

I am getting nervous... last leg I was not...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Evandro » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:41 pm

Me either, like against Barcelona in 2013...
FCB uber alles
Evandro
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby Badger » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:06 pm

Bayern are vastly superior. It will be a major upset if they don't progress.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Return to Official FC Bayern News