You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Chairman: We must learn the right lessons

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Chairman: We must learn the right lessons

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun May 13, 2012 6:30 pm

DFB President Wolfgang Niersbach and DFB honorary president Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder werepresent, along with former Bavarian First Minister Dr. Edmund Stoiber, Günter Netzer, FCB honorary president Franz Beckenbauer and the Bayern board and executive committee. A total of 600 guests gathered at Deutschen Telekom's Berlin headquarters, the FCB family traditionally comes together after the DFB Cup final - but this time, the trophy was absent, and the evening defeat to Dortmund weighed heavy on the mood. Chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge made no effort to conceal the disappointment in his speech, which we report here.

Rummenigge's banquet speech in Berlin:

"Ladies and gentlemen, honoured guests,

Even at this late hour, may I warmly greet you on behalf of FC Bayern to Telekom headquarters in the capital. I would very much like to thank our hosts, Deutsche Telekom, for once again making available this wonderful location. Unfortunately, it's a new experience today: whenever we've been here in the past, we came here as winners, but not today, unfortunately. (...)

Naturally, no-one sitting here has enjoyed the evening. One can adopt a more benevolent or a less benevolent point of view. My coaching father-figure Dettmar Cramer advised me always to offer an honest opinion on evenings like this, even when it hurts. This is what I wish to do, because I believe we must learn the right lessons from this match. A 5-2 defeat doesn't happen by chance, and it's not unlucky either. We have to say it loud and clear: what we've been through this evening was a disgrace. Every Dortmund goal - there were five of them - is like a slap in the face.

However, I don't intend to be overcritical of the team, because my opinion is that it was a deserved win for Borussia Dortmund. For the time being, we must accept and respect that there is a team in Germany above us, better than us at the national level. They didn't become German champions by chance, and with today's cup victory, they've also won the double for the first time. We must respect and accept this, and simply seek to correct the situation in the near future.

We have a very important game next Saturday, the Champions League final. And I believe everyone here must be prepared to ask himself critical questions: Why? How? What happened this evening to cause us to lose this match in the way we did, and by this score? Only then do we have a chance next Saturday of finishing up with this one trophy, arguably the most important in club football.

The Champions League is a magnificent experience. I think it would be a mistake if we summarise this evening by saying we basically weren't too bad in the first half, but made unbelievable individual errors which led to goals - although we did. But I believe we must ask critical questions and immediately correct the damage we've done to ourselves. I'd sincerely request the team does this, and I basically demand passion, desire and aggression next Saturday.

I beg us not to underestimate Chelsea, even though they will be lacking important players. (...) They're not coming to Munich purely to take part in a Bavarian festival staged by Bayern Munich. They will be attempting to remedy a season which has not gone well from their point of view. I hope we learn the right lessons from today's match, so that next Saturday evening, we're happier, more satisfied and also more proud than we are this evening."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Chairman: We must learn the right lessons

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Inspirational! Hope it has the desired effect on the players =D>
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Chairman: We must learn the right lessons

Postby machkover » Sun May 13, 2012 10:58 pm

do we need to make errors FIVE times to learn lessons !!we must be very bad silly stupid students then !! so now JH is learning from Klopp ! wow !! :twisted: complete humiliation ! :oops:
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News