You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Chairman's Christmas message: Happy holidays, Bayern fan

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Chairman's Christmas message: Happy holidays, Bayern fan

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:00 pm

<b>Greetings to all FC Bayern Munich fans and members!</b>

A very successful year at the club is slowly drawing to a close, a good time to look back over the last 12 months. From our point of view, the situation could hardly be more positive. Whichever way you look at it, 2006 was a good, attractive and successful year. We won a 20th German championship with games in hand, and we claimed the DFB German Cup for the 13th time to complete the first ever back-to-back domestic double in German football history. Let me express my thanks to Felix Magath and the team on what is in my opinion a truly exceptional achievement.

We can also be thoroughly satisfied with the way things have turned out so far this season. We have arrived at the Bundesliga winter break in third place, three points behind leaders Werder Bremen. I am convinced the combination of the Christmas vacation and a rigorous mid-season training programme, beginning on 5 January with the training camp in Dubai, will finally allow our players to shake off the last vestiges of World Cup fatigue and aim for top spot once again. We have not amended our target of retaining our German championship title, and have no intention of neglecting our responsibilities in the Bundesliga.

The same applies to the Champions League, where we qualified for the first knockout round comfortably and with games to spare. We now meet long-standing rivals Real Madrid in what is bound to be a closely-fought tie. However, as we play the first leg in Madrid and then the return at the Allianz Arena, I firmly believe your passionate support will see us through to the next round.

Unfortunately, we were eliminated from the DFB German Cup by Alemannia Aachen. We had won 14 Cup fixtures in a row before Aachen, the last team to beat us in the competition almost three years ago, knocked us out again. It was a game we dominated, but we failed to take our chances. That's painful, but that's football. It leaves us free to concentrate even more intensely on the two remaining competitions.

There are so many people to thank at the end of any year, all of whom have made such an outstanding contribution over the last 12 months: my fellow board directors Uli Hoeneß and Karl Hopfner, our supervisory board headed by Franz Beckenbauer and Herbert Hainer, the professional playing staff under coach Felix Magath and his team, the senior officials of the members' club FC Bayern Munich e.V. including the recently re-elected Presidential Committee comprising Franz Beckenbauer, Dr Fritz Scherer and Bernd Rauch, and the advisory board under the leadership of Eckhart Müller-Heydenreich and Minister President Dr Edmund Stoiber.

I would also like to thank everyone involved in the smooth running of our head office, our medical unit under Dr Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt, our heads of section and all our voluntary helpers, our sponsoring partners led by Deutsche Telekom AG and adidas, the staff at Allianz Arena Muenchen Stadion GmbH, our security personnel and the local authorities.

But my most sincere and deepest thanks go to you, valued members and fans. Both at home at the Allianz Arena and at our away games you have been a model of loyalty and good behaviour. The average home attendance of almost 69,000 is truly outstanding, while the current total of more than 121,000 members and over 2,200 fan clubs from all over the world should be sufficient motivation for the players to give everything in the battle for honours, goals and triumph in 2007.

It remains only for me to wish you a happy and peaceful Christmas and an excellent start to 2007. I would be delighted to see you back at the Allianz Arena, healthy and in good spirits, when we meet VfL Bochum in our first home Bundesliga fixture of the New Year on 30 January 2007.

With warmest regards

<b>Karl-Heinz Rummenigge
Chairman
FC Bayern Munich AG</b>
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News