You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

BVB boss Rober: 'We need our supporters back on our side

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

BVB boss Rober: 'We need our supporters back on our side

Postby FCBayernNews » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:20 am

Jürgen Rober is the man tasked with elevating fallen giants Borussia Dortmund from ninth place in the Bundesliga to a UEFA Cup qualifying finish. The 53-year-old returned to Germany from a stint with Partizan Belgrade just before Christmas as the successor to an increasingly demoralised Bert van Marwijk.

In his first competitive match at the Borussia helm, the new Dortmund boss comes face-to-face with one of his former clubs. Rober won a championship medal with Bayern in 1980-81, but old friendships will be forgotten on Friday as he seeks to put a dent in Munich's title hopes, as he exclusively told <b>fcbayern.de</b>.

<b>Interview: Jürgen Rober:</b>

<b>fcbayern.de:</b> Jürgen Rober, welcome back to the Bundesliga. What prompted you to return after nearly three years away?

<b><i>Jürgen Rober:</i></b> "I'm just delighted and happy to be back at work in the Bundesliga. And the fact it's with Borussia Dortmund, one of the biggest names in the league, is a very special honour."

<b>fcbayern.de:</b> Are you satisfied with your new club's winter training programme?

<b><i>Rober:</i></b> "Obviously I'd have liked more than three weeks. I'm extremely pleased with the work rate and attitude shown by my team, although I've been partly or totally without some of my most important players."

<b>fcbayern.de:</b> What are you aiming to achieve with Borussia?

<b><i>Rober:</i></b> "After the trouble here in the run-up to Christmas, our first target has to be winning our supporters unreservedly back to our side with committed football. Signal Iduna Park needs to become impregnable again. And naturally, we'll do everything in our power in the second half of the season to achieve our goal of playing in Europe again next term."

<b>fcbayern.de:</b> You've mentioned Borussia's problems at home. Why do you think you can turn that around when the German champions pay a visit on Friday?

<b><i>Rober:</i></b> "The fact that every single one of my players will push himself to the limit against Bayern Munich, and that all our fans, not just the diehards on the terraces, will unite behind us."

<b>fcbayern.de:</b> How do you think it will go against Bayern?

<b><i>Rober:</i></b> "There are days when even Bayern aren't unbeatable. I'm hoping Friday is one of those days."

<b>fcbayern.de:</b> You played for Bayern in the past. What are your memories of that period?

<b><i>Rober:</i></b> "I have nothing but good memories of Munich, where I had the privilege of winning the championship. But after all these years, I don't have any personal contacts any more."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News